Need to make a few improvements around the house but lack the funds to tackle some lovely home improvement projects? The good news is you don't have to spend a lot to spruce up your house. It is a fact that home repair can be costly, but there are also a few fun things you can pull off on the cheap.
Whether it's outdoor upkeep, cleaning up after winter, or home furnishing, there is always a thing that can be done inside or outside the house! Better still, once it's completed, you will feel as delighted as ever and be able to gaze upon your handmade goods with a sense of accomplishment.
Without further ado, here are 50 DIY Home Improvement ideas and products to keep your home looking attractive without blowing your budget, especially if you are thinking about selling it in a couple of years!
- 1. DIY Concrete Hand Planter
- 2. DIY Rope Baskets
- 3. Donkey Plastic Bottle Garden Planter
- 4. DIY Lawn Ornament
- 5. DIY Solar Garden Lamp - Old Table Lamp Upcycle
- 6. Ikea Style Platform Kitchen Cabinets
- 7. Cabinet Restoration with Farmhouse Style
- 8. DIY Farmhouse Lantern
- 9. Concrete Countertop DIY
- 10. DIY Barn Door Hardware
- 11. How To Build A Rustic Barn Door Headboard
- 12. DIY Fireplace Makeover
- 13. How To Install DIY Shiplap
- 14. DIY Farmhouse Table
- 15. Chalkboard Paint Makeover
- 16. Old Door Upcycle
- 17. How To Paint Vinyl Floors for Long-Lasting Results
- 18. Painting an Old Sink
- 19. Update Your Ceiling Fan
- 20. Amazing Cheap Faux Baseboard
- 21. Painting Stairs: DIY FAQs and Tips
- 22. How To Patch Drywall Like a Pro
- 23. DIY Garage Door Makeover With Stain
- 24. DIY Planked Peninsula With Corbels
- 25. Transform Outdoor Light Fixtures
- 26. Repainting Front Door
- 27. How To Build a Custom Built-in Shelving Unit
- 28. DIY Wall Mounted Easel
- 29. DIY Wood Scalloped Wall
- 30. How To Make a Diamond Tufted Headboard
- 31. DIY Bathroom Mirror Frame
- 32. Painted Staircase Makeover With Seagrass Runner
- 33. DIY Coral & Glam Bi-Fold Closet Door Makeover
- 34. DIY Board and Batten
- 35. Make a Cozy Window Seat!
- 36. Faux Wood Cardboard Shelving
- 37. Functional Farmhouse Storage Unit
- 38. Beautiful Pallet DIY Wall Art
- 39. DIY Painted Coral Vanity
- 40. How To Paint a Backsplash To Look Like Tile
- 41. Concrete Countertops Over Existing Laminate
- 42. Removable Wallpaper With Devine Color
- 43. Pallet Board World Map
- 44. DIY Planter Box Plans Bundle
- 45. Beautiful DIY Origami Lamp Shade
- 46. DIY Family Growth Chart
- 47. Friend of Family Industrial Retro Wall Mount Iron Pipe Shelf
- 48. DIY Peel & Stick Reclaimed Wood Wall Accents
- 49. Peel and Stick Gold Metalized Molding Trim
- 50. ETERNA Paint Roller Kit, 9 Pieces Paint Supplies for House Painting
1. DIY Concrete Hand Planter
A lot of us use regular plastic planters to keep our plants. However, follow this guide if you want to make something unique for your porch.
2. DIY Rope Baskets
Rope is a very versatile material to work with, and you can use it to make a basket that you may use to organize everything from stationery to makeup.
3. Donkey Plastic Bottle Garden Planter
Who would’ve thought that you could make a silver donkey planter out of used plastic bottles? Use this project to keep your favorite outdoor plant.
4. DIY Lawn Ornament
With only a glue gun and a few glass nuggets, you can make this easy DIY lawn ornament that you can customize to your taste.
5. DIY Solar Garden Lamp - Old Table Lamp Upcycle
Although it may appear like a complicated project, it actually does not require a lot of effort and only a few basic tools to make.
6. Ikea Style Platform Kitchen Cabinets
A platform bed can be the perfect solution to save some of your bedroom space, and this guide shows you how to make one out of kitchen cabinets.
7. Cabinet Restoration with Farmhouse Style
A house that looks brand new on every corner surely looks good. However, adding a bit of a rustic look using this approach can enhance its personality.
8. DIY Farmhouse Lantern
This is another way to add a traditional charm to your home, and it only requires a few minutes of your time to make one.
9. Concrete Countertop DIY
A concrete countertop like this one is what you need if you want to make your kitchen look good and make it practical at the same time.
10. DIY Barn Door Hardware
If you are really tight on space, you can try changing your current door with a barn door like this one, which will help you save some space.
11. How To Build A Rustic Barn Door Headboard
Are you a fan of the traditional barn look? This DIY headboard is one of the best ways to incorporate the style into your bedroom.
12. DIY Fireplace Makeover
A fireplace can be the most comfy place to gather around with your family members. Do this DIY project to enhance the look of the space.
13. How To Install DIY Shiplap
A DIY plywood shiplap can instantly add a farmhouse glamor to your home. Use a table saw and a helper to easily complete the project.
14. DIY Farmhouse Table
Are you feeling tired of using the same dinner table over and over again? Make this DIY table to breathe new life into your dining room.
15. Chalkboard Paint Makeover
Covering a section of your kitchen with chalkboard paint is what you need to do if you have a lot of items on your to-do list.
16. Old Door Upcycle
The next time you go to the secondhand store, don’t forget to grab an old door because with just a few simple steps, you can make it look brand-new again.
17. How To Paint Vinyl Floors for Long-Lasting Results
A lot of homes today have outdated vinyl flooring on them. If you also have one, painting it can be a great way to give it an update.
18. Painting an Old Sink
One easy way to give a new look to your bathroom is by painting your old sink with a different color. But be patient; it may take a while to dry.
19. Update Your Ceiling Fan
Your ceiling fan can become an important decor piece in your home. Use high-quality spray paint to make sure the new color lasts long enough.
20. Amazing Cheap Faux Baseboard
A kitchen will never be complete without a baseboard. The good news is that you can make one with just a few dollars, just as this guide shows.
21. Painting Stairs: DIY FAQs and Tips
Don’t underestimate how the stairs in your home can affect the overall look. Paint it with a different color to see the importance of it in a home.
22. How To Patch Drywall Like a Pro
Patching a drywall is not always an easy thing to do, especially if you are not exactly a handy type. Nonetheless, this guide will teach you how to do it.
23. DIY Garage Door Makeover With Stain
Your garage door must have been through a lot of wear and tear. If you think it needs a serious upgrade, use this project as an inspiration.
24. DIY Planked Peninsula With Corbels
Do you need a subtle way to introduce a unique texture to your kitchen? This planked peninsula will instantly add a different kind of charm to a space.
25. Transform Outdoor Light Fixtures
This guide will inspire you to take down all of your outdoor lighting fixtures, grab a can of spray paint, and give them a new appearance.
26. Repainting Front Door
Instead of buying a designer door, you can paint your front door with a new color. Choose one that allows you to show your personality.
27. How To Build a Custom Built-in Shelving Unit
A built-in shelving unit like this one not only provides ample storage space in a room but also makes the whole room look far from plain.
28. DIY Wall Mounted Easel
Using several practical and affordable pieces, this wall-mounted easel provides a great space for your kids to show their creative side and does not take long to make.
29. DIY Wood Scalloped Wall
By adding these DIY wood scallops to your wall, you can make any room in your house look comfy and classy at the same time.
30. How To Make a Diamond Tufted Headboard
A diamond-tufted head is a key element to any elegant bedroom, and this guide will show you how to make one without spending a lot of money.
31. DIY Bathroom Mirror Frame
It’s not always your makeup and outfit! Sometimes, the only thing you need to boost your confidence is to install a DIY mirror in your bathroom.
32. Painted Staircase Makeover With Seagrass Runner
Are you looking for a way to freshen up your old stair carpet? This seagrass runner allows you to do so while staying within a budget.
33. DIY Coral & Glam Bi-Fold Closet Door Makeover
Do you need to glow up your bedroom area? You might be surprised by how a coral-colored closet door can enhance your bedroom’s overall look.
34. DIY Board and Batten
For those who are inexperienced, installing a board and batten may appear like a massive project. Yet, this guide will teach you the tips and tricks to do it.
35. Make a Cozy Window Seat!
A window seat is what you need if you want to add an extra cozy seating area that not only looks fabulous but is also functional.
36. Faux Wood Cardboard Shelving
Made from faux wood, this cardboard shelving project is the right project to do this weekend as an affordable way to get yourself a reliable storage unit.
37. Functional Farmhouse Storage Unit
Making a DIY storage unit can become complicated when you are clueless about what to do. Use this guide if you want tips and tricks on the topic.
38. Beautiful Pallet DIY Wall Art
This colorful DIY wall art is the right project to do if you have spare time this weekend. You can use any color you like to suit your taste.
39. DIY Painted Coral Vanity
The pop of bright color from this coral-colored vanity is what you need to liven up that empty space in your house with a fresh dose of art.
40. How To Paint a Backsplash To Look Like Tile
This guide shows you each of the steps needed to make your backsplash appear like tile, including the tools and materials to achieve the look.
41. Concrete Countertops Over Existing Laminate
Due to wear and tear, laminate countertops will lose their charm over time, and covering them with concrete can be a great way to upgrade their look.
42. Removable Wallpaper With Devine Color
Using peel-and-stick wallpaper, this DIY project will show you the right way to do a kitchen makeover in a short time and with a minimal budget.
43. Pallet Board World Map
Are you a fan of geography, or are you an avid traveler who always jumps from one corner of the world to another? Show your adventurous side with this decor piece.
44. DIY Planter Box Plans Bundle
You can find a wide array of planter box plans in this downloadable guide, and you can choose any kind of wood material you like to make.
45. Beautiful DIY Origami Lamp Shade
Have you ever heard about origami lamps? Yes, this Japanese-origin craft can be applied to a lot of objects, including lighting fixtures you can use to decorate your home.
46. DIY Family Growth Chart
A growth chart is an essential thing to have in any home. It can help you make sure that your kids are growing at the right pace.
47. Friend of Family Industrial Retro Wall Mount Iron Pipe Shelf
This wall-mounted shelving unit offers you a retro look, and its high-quality iron pipe material makes sure that it will last for many years to come.
48. DIY Peel & Stick Reclaimed Wood Wall Accents
Made from reclaimed wood planks, this DIY ornament allows you to make a statement wall that makes a home look comfy and eclectic at the same time.
49. Peel and Stick Gold Metalized Molding Trim
Getting yourself molding trims like these allows you to spruce up many corners in your home with ease, especially because they have a peel-and-stick approach.
50. ETERNA Paint Roller Kit, 9 Pieces Paint Supplies for House Painting
Getting your house painted by a professional can be a good idea for some people, but if you want to just paint one wall of one room, doing it yourself can actually save a lot of hassle and money! Plus, it allows you to get creative and connect with your own. Use this kit to get started!