Easter is coming up and I have the perfect decoration for your home! This wood slice bunny rabbit decoration is the perfect addition to your Easter decor. It is a unique and adorable way to celebrate the holiday. He’s made of natural wood so you can be sure he will last year after year. Plus, it's simple enough that the kids can help you make it too!
Adorable Wood Slice Bunny Rabbit Decoration
Is there anything more adorable than a bunny rabbit? This wood slice bunny rabbit decoration is the perfect way to bring some springtime cheer into your home. Made from simple pieces of wood, this little guy is easy and fun to make, and of course, is the icon of Easter.
I love creating new designs using wood slices. They are a great affordable and often free craft material. I found some at my local craft store and I have been decorating with them ever since. Last year, I made these adorable little wood slice bunnies that are a great choice you can add a magnet to and put on your refrigerator in springtime!
There are so many different ideas that you can make, the ideas really are endless. These wood slices can be used to make rustic holiday decorations, everyday useful items like coasters, or decorations for the home that can be used all year long.
Where to Get Wood Slices?
My favorite place to find these is outside in my own backyard. It's super easy to cut your own with a little hack saw, but if that's not available to you, then the big box stores almost always have them. Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Joann's all have them regularly, and I have even seen them at my local Dollar Tree store a few times.
If all else fails, reach out to friends and family that have yards with trees and see if you can grab a few logs to slice up for this project. You'll be surprised at how many are happy to help you!
Ways to Customize This Wood Rabbit
I am not adding much to these wood slice bunnies but that doesn't mean that there are not a lot of ways to customize the wood rabbits. They are a perfect little project to customize. Below are just a few ideas for making yours unique.
- Use craft paint or a paint pen to draw a face onto the bunny or even add pink inside the "ears" to make it look more natural.
- Glue googly eyes onto the front of the wood slice face.
- Use yarn, cotton balls, or pom poms to make a mouth or nose and tail on your wood slice bunny.
- Tie a bow with ribbon, raffia, or different colors of ribbon around the "neck".
- Glue this to a wood base and cover it with fake grass, mini eggs, and other springtime and Easter embellishments.
There is no end to how you can decorate this craft. Whether it is adding to it by making it have a face or just sprinkling with glitter, it is a great choice for a custom Easter decoration!
How Can I Display My Wood Slice Easter Decorations?
This wood slice Easter decoration can be displayed in many ways around the house. It can be used as a decoration on shelves or on a mantle. It would look so cute with a burlap-style garland or this cute old book page Easter garland. It can be used as part of a centerpiece. Combine this wood slice with a decorative Easter basket with wooden eggs or yarn-wrapped egg decorations, Easter basket grass, and other spring designs.
Combine it with other rustic type Easter decorations and it can be used from the beginning of spring through Easter. This wood slice bunny can also be displayed on the front porch or the yard. It can be glued to a post to help secure it in the yard or even hung on the tree, too. If placing the wood rabbit decoration outside, you can also seal it if you add color or other designs to the wood.
- 3" long oval wood slices (x2)
- 5" wide wood slice
- 3" wide wood slice
- 1" wide wood slices (x2)
- Pink ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
How to Make a Wood Slice Bunny
Prepare the wood slices by trimming the bark off of the outer edges with scissors or a craft knife.
Use a piece of sandpaper to rub the edges until all uneven bits have been smoothed and are smooth to the touch with no bits of wood poking outside.
Glue the smallest two circles onto the larger one to create feet.
Then use the two oval slices to go on the top outer edges of the medium circle to make the head of your bunny and its ears.
Glue the head to the body of your bunny.
Cut a few lengths of pink ribbon and then tie them into a bow shape.
Glue the bow onto the neck portion of the bunny.
If desired, you can paint a face onto the bunny or add lines on the feet so it looks more like a bunny paw. Customize as desired before displaying.
More Easy Easter Decorations
Easter is one of my favorite holidays because I love the springtime colors and all of the greenery! Below are a few more ideas that are fun, beautiful, and easy to make. Just grab supplies and get started. Make sure you bookmark or print out these tutorials to make soon!
- 58 Fun and Creative Easter Crafts for Kids
- 25 Creative Outdoor Easter Decorations
- 100 Easy and Delicious Easter Treat Recipes
- 25 Mason Jar Easter Crafts for Gifts
- 36 Cute and Creative Easter Basket Ideas
- Using a craft knife or scissors, carefully trim as much of the bark as possible off the outside of each of the wood slices.
- Next, use a piece of sandpaper to rub-down the outside edges removing any excess bits and creating a smooth base.
- Line up the wood slices so the 5" is on the bottom with the 3" above it.
- Then glue the oval wood slice ears on top of the 3" slices.
- And then the two smallest on the base of the wood slices for feet.
- Cut a few loops of pink ribbon and tie them into a bow.
- Glue the bow on the neck of the bunny.
- Add additional decor if desired to give the bunny more personalization.
Add a face to the bunny or even paint the wood slices to give it a unique look.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wood Slice Bunnies Set of 3 | Etsy
Bunny Decor Wood Bunny Table Decor Farmhouse Rustic Bunny | Etsy
Wood Slice Easter Bunny | Etsy
Easter Handmade Wooden Craft Kit for Kids Easter Decor Wood | Etsy
Wood Slice Bunny Easter Table Top Decor | Etsy
RESTOCKED One Bunny. Colorful Wood Bunnies. Wood Peeps. | Etsy
Finished Project Gallery
Paint the wood slices for another unique look for decorating.
Add glitter to the bunny to make it sparkle on the mantle!