If you are looking for a simple, cheap way to spruce up your walls with rustic DIY decor, this video tutorial will show you how to do it. In this project, we are going to be filling jars with artificial flowers for display, and decorating them with wood and other rustic materials to achieve the desired effect.
DIY Wall Floral Décor: How to Make This Simple Craft
You only need a handful of materials and a few tools to make this project. You will discover that it is fun and easy to customize it to fit with the colors in your rooms.
How to Make DIY Floral Decor For Your Wall Out of Simple Supplies
The first supply that you will need for your floral décor project is a mason jar or any other type of jar. The glass can be clear or it can be any color you want.
You will also need a wood piece to serve as a backing. The exact size and shape of this piece depend on the size and shape of the jar that you have selected. You can choose any type of wood and any color of wood finish you want.
Along with these supplies, you will need some rustic thread or twine and rustic ribbon. You’ll need to purchase or create some type of small hook as well to hold the jar, along with some screws to attach it to the wood.
You also must get some flowers to put in the jar. If you have flowers growing outside, you can use those, and regularly replace them with fresh blossoms when needed. If not, you can use artificial flowers.
Where tools are concerned, you will need hot glue and a glue gun along with a drill.
What to Do With Rustic Floral DIY Decor
After you complete making this project, you can hang your rustic floral DIY décor anywhere there is free space. If you choose to use artificial flowers, it will add maintenance-free colorful delight to your wall. Otherwise, you can use it as a display for fresh flowers.
Step-By-Step Floral Wall Décor Video and Photo Tutorial
Having introduced this floral rustic wall décor project, let's get on to the video tutorial where you can see how to make your own. All the materials and tools are listed below, along with written instructions to accompany the video. Let's start crafting!
- Rustic ribbon
- Artificial flowers
- Wood pieces
- Rustic thread or twine
- Hot glue and glue gun
- To begin, make sure that your wood piece has been cut down to the size that you want. Then, take the hook which you have selected and position it where you want it to go on the wood piece. Using a pen or pencil, mark the wood piece through the holes where the screws will fit.
- Now that you have your marks, you can drill the holes.
- Use screws to attach the hook to the board.
- Cut some rustic string or twine and glue it in place at the top of the jar to create a loop which the jar can hang by. Wrap more string or twine around and around the mouth of the jar over top of this and glue that in place as well.
- Cut some rustic ribbon or burlap and attach it around the bottom of the jar using hot glue.
- Arranging flowers inside your jar.
- You do not want the string that you are hanging the jar by to slip all the way back against the board, or your jar will hang at an odd angle. To prevent this from happening, wrap some string around the hook a few times to create a barrier that the loop can rest against.
- Finally, simply hang the jar from the hook.
- Now you can display your finished floral rustic wall décor anywhere you want, and it will add vibrancy to a room.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
DIY Jar Projects to Try Next
If you had fun making this floral rustic DIY wall décor project using flowers and an old jar, there are many other jar crafts which you may enjoy. You can make a butterfly terrarium decorative item out of a jar, or a jar with a sheet music motif.
Pin this project: