How adorable is this little snail diaper cake? It is such an easy to make and adorable gift idea. I am sure that parents will adore this when they see it on the baby shower gift table. You can use this easy gift idea as a solo gift, decoration for a baby shower, or part of a bigger project to gift new parents. For a beginner making diaper cakes, this is the ultimate in easy to create gifts! You will surely love how this is easy to make.
Snail Diaper Cake
Diaper cakes make a fun baby shower gift or a welcome home gift. Parents love them because they can be taken apart to use all the individual pieces or some parents like to keep it together and use it as a room decoration. No matter what the parents do with them it always makes a splash at the baby shower.
I love the idea of a cute little garden snail as part of a baby nursery decoration or theme. There is something cute about the cartoon versions, and this diaper cake definitely reminds me of those. If you want a little more traditional idea, you might prefer my DIY Minnie Mouse diaper wreath or even this royal diaper cake castle gift idea instead.
What Other Ways Can I Make the Snail Face?
I went with a super easy and simple googly eye face on my snail. You can definitely make yours a bit different or special with a few simple changes. Below are some ideas that are easy to use and would look great to add more personality to your snail.
- Print the Face: You can create an adorable snail’s face on your computer and then print it out on paper. Then you just tape or glue it onto the snail body.
- Markers or paint: You can also create the snail’s face using markers or your favorite craft paints.
- Stickers: Another option is to use stickers to make the snail’s face. You might find face stickers with eye, nose, and mouth options online to add to your snail.
What Can I Use to Make the Snail Neck?
The hardest part of this diaper cake is making the neck for the snail. I used a thicker tissue paper that doesn’t tear easily because I had it on hand. That’s not the only option out there for making the neck. While I stuffed mine with cotton, you can use any number of other options to make the neck stand up easily.
Tissue paper, construction paper, felt, craft paper, and card stock are all great ideas that are readily available and affordable. If you are handy with a needle and thread, you could also use a bit of fabric and turn it into a stuffed animal gift on top of the diapers. You could even buy a stuffed worm or similar to use in place of a homemade one for this cute gift idea.
- Rubber bands
- Purple felt or lightweight fabric
- Cotton balls or cotton batting
- Q-Tips (cotton swabs)
- Beaded ribbon
- Sheer white ribbon
- Purple ribbon
- Yellow ribbon
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue stick or hot glue rope
How to Make a Snail Diaper Cake
Use a round template (I used a skillet) and begin rolling diapers around each other.
Continue wrapping the diapers around stacking on top of each other to form a large circle of diapers.
Secure these with a rubber band around the middle and set aside.
On tissue paper or fabric, cut out 2 long pieces that are flat on the bottom and rounded on top.
Glue these together on the sides so the bottom and middle are completely open.
Turn this “tube” inside out and stuff with cotton balls or cotton batting.
Attach a q-tip on top just above the eyes.
Glue googly eyes to the top rounded end.
Seal the bottom of the tube with a bit of glue.
Wrap another length of matching fabric around the outside of the bundle of diapers.
Glue a length of beaded ribbon around the middle of the purple paper.
Set the diapers on their sides and sit the snail neck on the side.
Wrap a length of sheer ribbon around all of them to secure together and tie into a bow at the snail neck.
Add an additional bow using purple and yellow ribbon onto the center of the sheer bow.
Draw a mouth just below the eyes with a black marker.
Display on the baby gift table or wrap and give as a gift.
More Easy Baby Shower Gifts
For more great ideas to gift to new parents or those expecting, you’ll love all of my diaper cake and baby gift ideas. There are tons of great ways to add the ideas below to your next baby shower event or gift.
- Adorable DIY Diaper Bathtub Baby Shower Gift Idea
- 40 Adorable DIY Baby Sewing Patterns Anyone Can Make
- 25 Adorable DIY Baby Mobiles That Add Charm to Your Nursery
- How to Make Cute DIY Baby Shower “Cupcakes” Out of Baby Clothes
- DIY Crane Diaper Cake Baby Shower Gift
- Use a round template (I used a skillet) and begin rolling diapers around each other.
- Continue wrapping the diapers around stacking on top of each other to form a large circle of diapers.
- Secure these with a rubber band around the middle and set aside.
- On tissue paper or fabric, cut out 2 long pieces that are flat on the bottom and rounded on top.
- Glue these together on the sides so the bottom and middle is completely open.
- Turn this "tube" inside out and stuff with cotton balls or cotton batting.
- Attach a q-tip on top of the rounded end.
- Glue googly eyes just below the top where the ears are.
- Seal the bottom of the tube with a bit of glue.
- Wrap another length of matching fabric around the outside of the bundle of diapers.
- Glue a length of beaded ribbon around the middle of the purple paper.
- Set the diapers on their sides and sit the snail neck on the side.
- Wrap a length of sheer ribbon around all of them to secure together and tie into a bow at the snail neck.
- Add an additional bow using purple and yellow ribbon onto the center of the sheer bow.
- Draw a smile onto the face below the eyes with a black marker.
- Display on the baby gift table or wrap and give as a gift.
Substitute the DIY snail head with a stuffed worm or snail instead.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Diapers cake for Baby Shower Birthday Snail | Etsy
Snail Night Light Diaper Cake-pink blue yellow green | Etsy
Snail diaper cake | Etsy
Snail diaper cake blue baby boy diaper cake gift for a baby | Etsy
Snail Inspired Diaper Cake | Etsy
Washcloth Snail WashAgami " for Diaper Cake Instructional | Etsy
Finished Project Gallery
Make this snail a focus for a garden party themed baby shower or baby nursery.
Since these are smaller, make 2-3 of them to create a family of snails to add to your table.
You can even add hair or a hat to your snail for more personality!