We have all heard the saying, “April showers bring May flowers.” If you want to spruce up your door for Easter with a simple but beautiful DIY decoration which exquisitely encapsulates that concept, you’ll find that this DIY door decor tutorial is perfect for the entire spring season.
There are only three materials you need for this project. You will require an umbrella, some ribbon, and some flowers.
You have options with these supplies. You can use the type of ribbon that you wrap gifts with, or you can go with satin ribbon, depending on the effect you want to achieve.
As for the flowers, if you will only be displaying this door decor for a day or so (i.e. for an Easter party), you can use real flowers. If you will be displaying it for the entire spring season, use faux flowers.
With regards to the umbrella, you need a traditional long umbrella, not the collapsible type that you can stuff in your handbag. You will not be altering the umbrella in any way, so you do not have to pick one that you never want to use again.
At the end of the season, you can simply take the door decor down and go back to using your umbrella as usual.
For your reference, the materials and tools are listed below, along with written instructions for the video tutorial.
Umbrella Bouquet Door Decoration Step by Step Video and Photo Tutorial:
Real or faux flowers (faux flowers obviously will last longer)
Satin ribbon, or gift-wrapping ribbon (up to you)
1. Release the clasp which holds your umbrella fully closed.
2. Get your flowers and start stuffing them inside. Obviously, they should be inserted stem-first. Faux flowers with full-size stems work best. They will have the most stability while sticking out of the end of the umbrella. Those with really short stems are more likely to fall back out.
3. Tie a piece of ribbon around the umbrella at a point not too far from where the flowers emerge. Get it as snug as you can. This also will increase the stability of your arrangement, helping to hold the flowers in place.
4. If you like the way that your arrangement has turned out at this point, you could call it complete. But I decided to embellish mine a little bit more by adding a bow.
To create one, start by spooling some ribbon around and around your hand.
5. You now should be holding a circle of ribbon. Pinch it together in the center, and tie a smaller ribbon around the middle so that it looks like a figure-eight. If you want, you can also do some trimming near the middle so that the loops of ribbon narrow toward the center.
6. You can now start pulling the loops apart from each other and arranging them as you like into a fancy bow.
7. Attach the bow to your arrangement where you tied the ribbon.
8. All that is left to do now is hang up your arrangement to display on the front of your door.
Your Beautiful Easter Door Décor Is Ready to Greet Your Guests (and You)
It really is amazing how quickly and easily you can put together lovely springtime decor for your door using the simplest of supplies. You are sure to receive a lot of compliments when visitors see your bouquet in an umbrella
If you’re in search of more Easter and springtime decorating ideas for your door or porch, we have a lot of cool projects for each checkout.
Additionally, here are 25 creative ways to decorate your porch for springtime. And while you are looking for ways to bring more creativity to your home and garden, check out these 40 rustic DIY twine projects.
I’m always adding more video tutorials to our website. So check back again soon to see what new Easter and springtime projects are available along with other video tutorials for every holiday and season throughout the year.