Since I started focusing on fast and easy crafts, I’ve been seriously amazed by just how many cool projects you can create using the most ordinary supplies. Take this jewelry box you can make using a duct tape roll for example, or these 3 simple projects to create beautiful candle holders.
Today I have another exclusive video for you—and by coincidence, this one also includes two projects to make a candle holder, but this time you’re going to use a seriously surprising supply—paper rolls! You’ll also learn two other easy toilet roll projects. You can use toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls for all four of these projects.
(Amazon.com Affiliate Links)
Toilet paper or paper towel rolls
Wrapping paper or other decorative paper
Pearls, bows and other embellishments
Hot glue and glue gun
Paper Roll Candy
1. Start with a toilet paper roll (or cut down a paper towel roll to size).
2. Get some wrapping paper and roll it around the paper roll. Glue it in place.
3. Scrunch up each end and tie it off with a piece of twine.
4. Get some burlap and lace and glue it around the center.
5. Add any additional embellishments you want (like a small bow).
Candle Holder #1
1. Cut up a paper roll so that you get a lot of thin slices.
2. Glue five of them together at the corners so you get a flower shape.
3. Put a tea light on top.
Candle Holder #2
1.Cut up a paper roll like you did in the previous project.
2. Glue four together at the corners for a flower shape.
3. Make a second one, and glue the two together and set them aside.
4. Repeat this step four times so you have four sets of two “flowers” each.
5. Cut four pieces of paper—one to fit over each of these sets. Glue them to the sets.
6. Glue all four panels together to create a four-sided candle display (technically it is not really a holder since it has no base). Add whatever embellishments you want to the outside.
7. Put a candle in the middle.
1. Start with a toilet paper roll or cut a paper towel roll to size.
2. Cut it down again to make it smaller—a suitable size for a napkin ring.
3. Glue burlap around it.
4. Add embellishments.
5. Put a napkin through the middle of it.