Deck the halls with this festive wine cork Christmas tree decoration! This unique piece is perfect for adding a touch of personality to your holiday decor. Made from recycled materials, it's a great way to celebrate the season while making something special. Make these special Christmas trees for yourself or for gifts with unique colors on each one!
Wine Cork Christmas Tree Decoration
This wine cork Christmas tree decoration is perfect for the holidays. It’s easy to make and looks great on your Christmas tree! All you need are some wine corks, hot glue, paint, beads, and ribbon. You can even customize it with whatever colors suit your home best. It looks rustic but still elegant and makes the ideal addition to any tree.
The best part about this project is that you don’t have to spend hours making it – just 15 minutes or less! So if you want something fun to do over the weekend but the holiday season leaves you short on time, this DIY wine cork Christmas tree decoration is perfect for you.
There are more great ideas for mini Christmas trees you can make including one of my personal favorites, the paper straw mini tree ornaments! Others include gold-painted pasta mini Christmas tree and even this little paper mini Christmas tree idea!
What Ways Can I Decorate My Wine Cork Tree?
I am using a pretty ribbon along the outside of the tree and adding beads to match in pink and white to the front of the tree. You can choose to decorate your tree similarly or you can change it up. Some ideas are below that can make your tree unique.
- Use a different color scheme with more traditional holiday colors like green, red, gold, silver, and blue.
- Match the colors or ribbon to your holiday theme on the rest of your tree or home decor.
- Use pom poms, sequins, or rhinestones instead of beads for different looks.
- Replace the beads with miniature ornaments for a more tree-like look.
- Spray the cork tree green before adding ornaments to look more authentic.
- Add a small string of mini battery-operated lights to your tree so it shines on top of the tree already shining.
- Coat the corks with glue and glitter before gluing on the bead ornaments.
There is no end to how you can decorate this cork tree. Just use your imagination and make it look unique but still stay in budget and fit with the rest of your decor.
Can I Hang This on The Christmas Tree?
While this wine cork Christmas tree decoration wasn't originally made as an ornament, it is easy to turn it into an ornament. You can simply add something to hang it and then place it on the tree.
Go traditional and use a normal metal hook or screw a hook into the top of the corks in order to hang it on the tree. Another option is to tie an additional ribbon on it. You can also add some string, yarn, or ribbon into the corks as you are gluing them together for a more secure option for hanging this from your tree.
Should I Paint the Wine Corks Too?
When it comes to painting the corks for this wine cork Christmas tree decoration depends completely on what you want to do. You can paint this tree any color you like, or you can be more traditional and paint the tree green. if you choose to leave the wine corks natural, this looks beautiful too.
There is no right or wrong answer to painting this ornament. If you choose to paint this tree decoration you will want to use acrylic craft paints. This is the best paint for covering wine corks since it is not water-based. It is inexpensive and easy to use. Even kids can use acrylics but make sure to cover up your area and clothes. While it washes off hands easily, it does not come off clothing.
Can I Make These Trees With Kids?
Yes. The only thing you need to be careful of when making with kids is cutting and gluing. While you may want to cut the wine corks in half before they assemble them, you can easily replace the glue with something child-safe. There are a number of non-toxic glue options that will hold well for this. While kid's school glue would work, I prefer a non-toxic tacky craft glue for holding power.
How to Make a Wine Cork Christmas Decoration
Cut 7 wine corks in half.
Begin gluing the corks together starting with a line of three.
Then add four on top of those at an angle so they are off-centered.
On the third layer, add three corks, then a set of two, and finally one cork piece making the tree shape.
Tie ribbon around the outside of the tree using glue if needed and add a pretty bow on top.
Next, glue two of the pieces side by side, then attach them to the base of the tree below the ribbon.
Finally, glue beads between each cork as mini decorations until happy with the look.
You can finish this with glitter or add another length of ribbon or a hook to hang from your tree.
More Easy Miniature Christmas Tree Decorations
Since Christmas is all about having fun and decorating with things you love, make this and the ideas below work for your own unique style. I love miniature Christmas trees since they can be used throughout your home or office. Below are a few favorites that you should keep as ideas. Bookmark them, print out the tutorials, or pin the ideas to Pinterest to make soon!
- Upcycled Sweater Miniature Christmas Tree
- Adorable Christmas Pom Pom Tree Ornament
- Clothespin Mini Christmas Tree Garland
- Easy Plaid Fabric Miniature Christmas Tree
- Gold Ornament Ring Miniature Christmas Tree
Mini Wine Cork Christmas Tree Decoration
This mini wine cork Christmas tree decoration is an adorable idea to add to your tree or as part of your holiday decor this year!
- Cut 7 wine corks in half.
- Begin gluing the corks together starting with a line of three.
- Then add four on top of those at an angle so they are off-centered.
- On the third layer, add three corks, then a set of two, and finally one cork piece making the tree shape.
- Tie ribbon around the outside of the tree using glue if needed and add a pretty bow on top.
- Next, glue two of the pieces side by side, then attach them to the base of the tree below the ribbon.
- Finally, glue beads between each cork as mini decorations until happy with the look.
- You can finish this with glitter or add another length of ribbon or a hook to hang from your tree.
You can also paint this with green craft paint then spray with a bit of fake snow for a more real tree look.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Finished Project Gallery
Add this tree to your centerpieces, mantle, or even hang on the tree!
Leave a Reply