Looking for a creative, fun, and unique way to display floral d2cor? Instead of putting your flowers in an ordinary planter or vase, why not try something a little bit different? In this video tutorial, you will learn how to make beautiful floral décor displayed in a teacup.
How to Make DIY Floral Decoration for Any Occasion
While this project may look as simple as placing some flowers inside a teacup, there is a step which is not visible if you are just looking at the finished product, but which is necessary if you want to be able to make a beautiful arrangement that stays neatly in place. That is the secret I'm going to teach you in this video.
How to Make a Floral Decor Centerpiece With Simple Supplies
The supplies you need to make this floral decor project are basic and cheap. For tools, you will require a pair of scissors, a scalpel or other precision cutting tool, and a pair of diagonal pliers (the type of pliers you can cut with).
As for materials, you will need to get some Styrofoam. It should come in the form of flat pieces that you can cut into shapes.
If you want this floral décor piece to last for many occasions, pick up some faux flowers to work with. Otherwise, you can go with fresh flowers to create a temporary decoration.
The last thing you'll need is a large teacup or mug of some variety and a saucer to put it on. These can either be authentic, or they can be a planter set simply designed to look like such, but made for arrangements like this one.
While you are choosing your teacup and your flowers, remember to color coordinate between them if you want to get the most pleasing effect.
What Can You Do With DIY Floral Decor in a Teacup?
After you complete your floral decor in a teacup, it is up to you to display it however and whenever you like. It makes a beautiful centerpiece for a table but looks nice displayed on a desk or shelf as well.
Step-by-Step Easy Floral Decor Tutorial
We are now ready to begin on this easy floral decor project. Find a quick list of materials and tools below along with written instructions to go with the video tutorial.
- Teacup and saucer
- Faux flowers (or real ones if you want)
- Diagonal pliers
- Gather all of your supplies together. Then, use your precision cutting tool (i.e. a scalpel) to cut out a circle of Styrofoam which will fit inside the teacup near the bottom.
- Cut out several other circles of Styrofoam which will be able to fit on top of the first one inside the cup. They may need to be slightly different sizes depending on the exact shape of your teacup. Glue them together.
- Put all the pieces of Styrofoam inside the cup.
- Next, you will need to cut the stems of the faux flowers to the right height to fit inside the cup. It is easiest to do this if you use a set of diagonal pliers rather than a pair of scissors.
- Arrange the flowers inside the teacup, pushing each stem down through the Styrofoam. The Styrofoam will hold the stems upright and in place. This is the key to keeping the arrangement neatly organized. If you arrange with care, it also can ensure the fullness of your arrangement with no awkward gaps in between the flowers.
- Your floral décor in a teacup is now finished and ready to display.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Floral Decor Projects to Try Next
After you have finished making this simple DIY floral decor project, you may find yourself itching to do some similar projects to keep decorating your home.
This rustic floral decor project is a good one to start with. While it was intended for Easter, it would look beautifully displayed year-round. For another unique centerpiece, try making this DIY floral decor project out of a paper lantern.
And if you really want to get your floral crafting fix, check out this list of 80 floral decor ideas to celebrate summer.