Have I mentioned how much I love flowers? During the spring and summer, I have more flowers in my home than I do people! I was so excited when I saw this gorgeous paper lantern centerpiece! It’s a paper lantern that you turn into a vase, and the project could not be easier.
What Is A Paper Lantern?
You’ve seen those large paper lanterns that you can hang outdoors. They’re sort of like Japanese lanterns, and you can get them really cheap. I found some paper lanterns in different sizes on Amazon.
People use them quite a bit for wedding decorations, and I’ve even seen them at the Dollar Tree for just a dollar each.
How Can You Use This DIY Paper Lantern Centerpiece?
There are so many ways that you can use this centerpiece to dress up your home! You could hang these on your porch, put one on your dining room table, or make some really inexpensive wedding decorations.
I love DIY wedding decorations, and this is one of my favorite. Use smaller lanterns and jars and have one of these on every table at your reception. Or, you could use them to decorate the ceremony for an outdoor wedding!
What Other DIY Centerpieces Can You Make?
I recently showed you how to make a beautiful DIY paper flower ball that would make a gorgeous centerpiece. Here’s a great Easter centerpiece that you can make from an old book, or how about this floating teacup centerpiece?
It’s perfect for spring. For now, let’s learn how to make this fantastic paper lantern centerpiece with just a few supplies that you can get at the Dollar Tree or Dollar Store.
- Paper Lantern
- Tall Jar – It needs to reach the top of the lantern
- Flowers and Greenery
- This is honestly one of the easiest centerpieces that you will ever make. Begin by simply getting your supplies together.
- Make sure that the jar that you are using is tall enough to reach from the bottom to the top of the paper lantern when the lantern is fully folded out.
- Place the jar inside your paper lantern and then open the lantern and put the wire structure that is inside the lantern up to secure it.
- Your jar should sit right in the center of this wire structure for added stability.
- That’s about all there is to it. Now you will begin adding your flowers and greenery to the jar.
- If you are using fresh flowers, remember to add a bit of water to the jar, but not too much.
- If you are using artificial flowers, just start adding them in and continue until you have as many as you wish.
- Always remember to add in some greenery in all of your flower arrangements, and maybe some baby’s breath, too.
- Now just place or hang your gorgeous lantern centerpiece! It should look something like this one when you get it finished:
Pin this project:
Have you made your own centerpieces or wedding décor? What’s your favorite?