Have you ever wanted to learn how to make your own DIY door wreath? It is faster and easier than you think. In this video tutorial, I will show you how you can combine some cheap supplies to make a gorgeous floral wreath which is perfect for spring or summer, but which also can complement your door year-round.
How to Make a Lovely DIY Wreath for Any Season
In designing this wreath, I specifically wanted to create a look which would be suitable in the spring, summer, fall or winter. I went with neutral colors aside from the greenery.
While the greenery has that "fresh" appearance which is perfect for spring or summer, it also can add some life and brightness to otherwise gray surroundings in the wintertime.
How to Make a Wreath With Flowers and Branches
What supplies do you need for this project? To start with, you will need a wooden wreath which is unadorned. You will then need to purchase some artificial branches and flowers.
You can try to mimic the look that I created here, or you can pick different branches and flowers as suits your tastes. You will also need some ribbon in a color which complements the other components you have selected.
Can you use real flowers and branches? Yes, you can. But that will only create a temporary decoration. If you want your wreath to last, use artificial branches and flowers.
For tools, you need a pair of scissors, hot glue, a glue gun, and diagonal pliers. Diagonal pliers are the ones which you can use to cut things, not the type that are designed to bend materials.
How to Display Your DIY Floral Wreath
Your wreath, once completed, can look beautiful hanging on any door or wall.
Step-by-Step DIY Wreath Tutorial
Now that we have introduced this project, let's jump into the step-by-step video tutorial. Below, you can see a quick list of all materials and tools required to make a DIY wreath. I also have provided a set of written instructions to go with the video.
How to Make a Stunning Floral Wreath
If you have ever wanted to learn how to make a beautiful floral wreath for your door, this video tutorial will teach you how to do it with cheap and simple supplies.
- Plain wooden wreath
- Artificial branches
- Artificial flowers
- Rustic ribbon
- Diagonal pliers
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Begin by setting out your materials in front of you. Then use the pliers to snip some sections of the branches to use.
- Use hot glue to attach branches to your wreath. You can arrange your branches however you want. But if you want to create the same look that I did, you will want to cluster a group of branches in one of the lower quadrants of the wreath (the lower left, in this case). Have them point downward toward the centerline of the wreath so that they follow its curve and then drape below.
- Once you are satisfied with the branches you have attached, glue some flowers to the top section of the wreath.
- After you are happy with the placement of the flowers, add a little more greenery to the top of the wreath to frame those flowers and balance out the greenery that you added in the lower quadrant.
- Cut some ribbon of your choice with a pair of scissors and shape it into a bow. I went with rustic ribbon, but any ribbon works.
- Attach the bow between the flowers and the lower section of greenery. This hides the abrupt transition between the two while also adding to the wreath's appearance.
- Glue a flower onto the middle of the bow if you’d like.
- Finally, glue a few sporadic flowers onto the top of the greenery. This further unifies the look of the wreath. Just as there is a bit of greenery on top to balance out the flowers, there is now a scattering of flowers on the bottom to balance out the greenery. This creates a harmonious aesthetic.
- You can now hang your completed wreath on your door or wall.
Looking for Other DIY Wreath Projects?
Having completed making this lovely floral wreath, you may be looking for other easy DIY wreath projects. You have certainly come to the right place.
Try making a paper flower wreath using a free printable template. It is even possible to make a wreath using sticky notes. You can also check out this list of 25 DIY Summer wreath projects that you can make using supplies from the dollar store.
And don't forget to get ready for fall with these 40 DIY autumn wreath projects.
You will find even more wreath projects in our archives, so take a look around. There are wreaths to make for every season and occasion throughout the year. Soon you’ll be wishing that you had more doors to hang them on!
Exciting projects, looking forward to trying out