I love finding projects that add elegant beauty to my home. I recently ran across this gorgeous book page angel wings decoration and I knew that I would have to try it for myself.
What You Need For This DIY Book Page Angel Wings Decor
Basically, if you have an old book then you have most of what you need to make this DIY angel wings decor. There are a few additional supplies needed, but the book pages are the biggest thing.
I used an old book that I picked up at a yard sale recently – I am always buying things like that and saving them away for crafts later.
You can use any book that you have on hand or if you don’t have one to use, check out your local thrift store. My local Goodwill sells books for under a dollar each.
What You Can Do With This DIY Book Page Angel Wings
I thought about hanging my book page angel wings decoration on the front door, instead of a wreath. There are so many other ways that you can display this, though.
Keep in mind that you are working with book pages, so outdoors off of the porch is probably not a good idea. Also, don’t you think that this would make a wonderful gift for an upcoming wedding?
How Difficult Is This Book Page Decoration To Make?
This is actually one of the easier book page crafts that I have done. It really doesn’t take long. Before you begin, I do suggest that you go ahead and remove all of the pages from your book that you will be using.
This can save you a lot of time when you actually get started on the decoration by having all of your pages ready to use.
What Else Can You Make With Old Books?
Oh my goodness, ya’ll, I have shown you so many wonderful crafts that you can make from book pages or whole books if you prefer. I recently shared a tutorial with you that shows you how to create this heart-shaped book art.
Now you see why I buy up all sorts of old books when I find them in yard sales.
- Old Book Pages
- Artificial Flowers for Decorating
- Marker or Pen
- Hot Glue Gun
- You will begin by taking all of the pages out of your old book. You need several for this, so a larger book is a good idea.
- When you have all of the pages out, you need to make each one of them into a cone. You will be using one page for each cone.
- Make sure that your cones are really close to the same size. You can secure the ends of them with a bit of hot glue to keep them in place.
- Repeat this procedure until you have several cones – I used about 50 pages for each side of my wings, but you can do this as big or as small as you want. Just make sure that you have the same number of cones for both sides to make it even.
- You need just a small piece of cardboard to create a base for your wings, and larger pieces for the wings.
- Draw a wing shape onto a piece of cardboard and then cut it out. You need to make two of these, so flip that first one over and trace it onto the cardboard to cut out your second wing.
- Start covering your wings with the cones that you made from your book pages. Add a drop or two of hot glue to keep each one in place, and try to shape them the same on both wings – make sure that you have the same number and that they are all pointing in the same direction.
- Now, cut an oval shape for the center of your wings. You will use this to attach your two wings together.
- When you finish covering all of both wings with cones, glue the back of your center piece to the front of your wings. You can see where I left a little space on the wings for gluing on the center section.
- Choose the wording that you want to use, if any. I like the “Blessing” sign but you could use any wording that you want. Draw this in the center of your wings.
- Add some artificial flowers or whatever else you want for decoration.
- You can glue some twine to the back of your center piece to hang your angel wings.
- You can also make lovely little fans from leftover book pages by folding it into a fan shape for added decoration.
- When you are finished, it should look a little something like this:
- Angel wings canvas Angel wings art Banksy decor
- Angel Wings Costume Cosplay
- Memorial gift personalized Floral Angel Wings decor
My favorite Angel Wings from Etsy
Pin this project:
What’s your favorite way to upcycle an old book?