Going to the beach has always been one of my favorite things. Of course, I can’t go all the time, although I would if I could. So, I try to bring some of that coastal beauty home with me every time I visit. Last year, brought home tons of seashells and I wanted to create something breathtaking with them…enter this gorgeous DIY seashell picture frame.
What You Need For A Seashell Frame
Like I said, I had tons of seashells that I gathered at the beach to use on this project, but I bought a few, too. You can find bags of seashells at the Dollar Store sometimes or any hobby store for use in these types of crafts. You want to use different sizes and shapes to make this really unique, so check out those craft bags. They normally have around 50 and come in all shapes and sizes.
What To Do With Your DIY Shell Picture Frame
I have my seashell picture frame on my nightstand with my favorite picture from my last beach trip. You could put this anywhere. It really is beautiful, and it would make a fabulous gift for birthdays, Mother’s Day, Christmas or for a wedding. I have actually considered making up a few of these – they’re pretty cheap and easy to create – and using them as bridesmaids gifts for the next wedding I DIY.
How To Make A DIY Seashell Picture Frame
If you love the beach, and you want to add some gorgeous coastal décor to your home, this DIY seashell picture frame is just perfect. Add this to your mantel or nightstand or make one as a gift. It’s super easy and really inexpensive.
- Collection of Seashells in Different Sizes and Shapes
- Picture Frame
- Summer Stickers
- Your Favorite Beach Picture – Or Any Picture You Want to Show Off
- Hot Glue Gun
- First, select the shells that you are going to use for the project. I strongly recommend that you use different shapes and sizes, but that’s just my preference. Choose the shells that you want. Also, now is the time to size your photo if needed so that it fits into the frame.
- You are going to be completely covering the front side of your frame with seashells. The actual length of time that this will take depends on the size of the frame that you have chosen.
- If you are using smaller shells, you may need to make two or three rows, depending on how wide your frame is and the actual size of your shells. Just be sure to completely cover the entire front side.
- If you have gaps, you can go back and fill those in with smaller shells.
- Use hot glue to attach each shell to the frame, and if you want to overlap – add larger shells on top of the smaller ones – hot glue will hold the shells to other shells perfectly.
- Use pearls, summer stickers or whatever else you want to add some uniqueness to your DIY seashell frame.
- When you are finished, it should look something like this one:
What Else Can You Make With Seashells and Picture Frames?
You have to see these 20 craft projects from seashells. If you have loads of shells like I do, you may just want to bookmark a few of those projects for later. Also, I recently shared a tutorial in how to make a farmhouse lantern with picture frames, just in case you want another DIY to do with inexpensive picture frames – which by the way you can get from the Dollar Tree for just a dollar each. I’ve also got a great mini greenhouse that you can make from picture frames, too.
Pin this project: