This one pot steak stir fry with zucchini noodles will keep you coming back again and again. You have a tender and juicy steak that is marinated and loaded with vibrant flavors. Add in spiralized zucchini noodles, and watch this dish become an instant favorite. It’s the perfect weeknight meal for those busy nights.
We love steak in our home, and this steak stir fry is a home run! I don’t have to pull out my grill and throw the steaks on to cook. I can use a basic skillet to give my steak the vibrant tender and juicy aspect I want thanks to the marinade. Then, add in the spiralized zucchini noodles, and watch it go from tasty to downright addictive.
More Dinner Ideas
Chicken Pot Pie
The Best Steak Stir Fry with Zucchini Noodles
The best part is, once your steak is marinated it takes no time to heat up your skillet and start cooking. You get hints of tangy paired with a little spice from the hot sauce. Soy sauce, hot sauce, lime juice and olive oil are what makes this marinade downright addictive.
The lime juice will help tenderize the meat and add a splash of freshness to the steak.
How to Make Steak Stir Fry With Zucchini Noodles
- The first step is taking time to marinate your meat. Add the soy sauce, hot sauce, olive oil and lime juice to a bag and toss your stripped steak. Allow to marinade for 3-6 hours.
- Start by grabbing a heavy-duty pan, one that can handle the heat. Toss in your steak once it is done marinating and cook it until it is cooked through.
- While your steak is cooking you can spiralize your zucchini noodles and set aside.
- Once the steak is cooked through, remove the steak, and then add in your butter and garlic and cook for around a minute.
- Then, toss in your chicken broth, lemon juice and the zest, and cook till sauce thickens a bit.
- Drop in zucchini noodles and cook for 1 minute. Then drop in steak, stir, and serve.
- Add parsley and chili flakes on top if you want!
What is the Best Kind of Steak for A Stir Fry?
The best steak for a stir fry would be a flank or skirt steak. These cuts are nice and lean and have a nice marble effect throughout. They will give you a tender texture that carries the best flavor.
If you can’t find either of those, your other options are Ribeye, sirloin, or even top loin.
Cut Steak Evenly for Steak Stir Fry
One thing I need you to make sure of is that you slice your steak up yourself make sure you do your best to get even slices. As your steak cooks, it will cook evenly if all the meat is similar in size. If you have some pieces that are a lot larger than others, you could end up with overdone and underdone meat. So, do your best to slice evenly for the best results.
What If I Don’t Want to Use Zucchini Noodles For Steak Stir Fry?
If you are not a huge fan of zucchini, no problem! Swap out with cooked pasta or even other vegetables that you could sauté. Or skip it all and just do a straight steak stir fry and pile on top of rice!
This is such a versatile recipe and the flavors mix well with other ingredients. I have made it with regular pasta, and it is really tasty. I just love the zucchini noodles as it offers a low carb take to the stir-fried steak recipe.
What is the Best Steak Stir Fry?
This recipe right here I feel is the best steak stir fry! The marinated meat really helps lock in flavor to your meat and the zucchini noodles soak it right up. You can skip ordering takeout and make a really quick dinner yourself.
I generally marinate the meat before I leave for work in the morning. Then when I get home, I prep my zucchini and start cooking. Within no time I have dinner on the table.
Steak Stir Fry With Zucchini Noodles
Tender and juicy steak stir fry with zucchini noodles is the perfect dish to serve up. Low carb, and packed full of rich and savory flavors.
- 1 pound (500 g) of sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 2 zucchinis
- 3 tbs. of olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- ½ lemon (juice and zest)
- ¼ cup of chicken broth
- 2 tbsps. of butter
- Fresh parsley, chili flakes for serving
For the marinade:
- ⅓ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tbsps. of lime juice
- 3 tbs. of olive oil
- 2 tbsps. of hot sauce
- Mix strips of steak with marinade: soy sauce, lime juice, olive oil and hot sauce. Set aside for 3-6 hours.
- Using spiralizer, cut zucchinis into noodles.
- When steak pieces are done marinating, heat olive oil in a pan and cook steak until done.
- Remove steak strips to a plate.
- In the same pan, without washing it, melt 2 tbs of butter. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken broth, lemon juice and zest, then cook until sauce gets thicker.
- Mix sauce with zucchini noodles and cook for about 1 minute. Add steak, stir once more and serve, sprinkled with some fresh parsley and chili flakes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 635Total Fat: 45.5gSaturated Fat: 12.5gCholesterol: 155mgSodium: 1828mgCarbohydrates: 8.5gFiber: 2gSugar: 3.1gProtein: 50g
Have you tried a steak stir fry before?
Save this recipe on Pinterest:
Leave a Reply