My family eats a lot of chicken. It really is one of the healthiest choices when it comes to selecting a protein for dinner. So, since we eat a lot of chicken, I am always on the lookout for a great new chicken recipe.
I came across this delicious chicken and pasta recipe and knew that my family would love it. They do love chicken, after all and pasta is always a treat.
So, I made this one the other night for dinner and they really did love it. It’s such a simple recipe, too. It’s one of those wholesome dinners that you can cook up in very little time, so it’s perfect for your busy weeknights.
It’s also really easy to adjust the recipe to make less or more as needed. And, if you aren’t a fan of chicken thighs like the recipe calls for, you could always substitute drumsticks or breasts. And you can use whatever pasta your family loves – talk about a flexible recipe!
You even have time to make these luscious chocolate chip brownies for dessert.
If you need a simple recipe that will definitely fill your family up, this is it. It’s really quick and easy to make and there are so many side dishes that would be great with this – or you could just serve the chicken and pasta and add in a small side salad.
That’s all you need for a great meal. Try any of these three delicious and easy summer salads to compliment your chicken and pasta.
Chicken and cremini mushrooms work together to give this pasta dish an amazing flavor
This recipe cooks up quickly and easily – it’s the perfect mid-week meal
Serve it up with your favorite pasta for a guaranteed family favorite
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3-4 chicken thighs
- 2 cups of cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. of chili flakes
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsps. of sugar
- 2 tbsps. of tomato paste
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- 1 tsp. of dried Italian herbs
- 2 tbsps. of flour
- Cooked pasta for serving
- Heat some vegetable oil over medium heat. Place chicken thighs in oil and fry them until crispy and cooked on the outside but still raw in the middle.
- Use the same pan that chicken was cooking in (without washing it) to sauté mushrooms with onion for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, dried herbs, salt and pepper. Put tomatoes in and after couple minutes smash them with a spoon.
- Pour chicken broth in, add tomato paste and chicken pieces. Lower the heat and cook the sauce for 15 minutes or until thick and chicken is cooked through. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve over your favorite pasta, sprinkled with some cheese and parsley.
Serving Size:7 oz. (200 g)
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 427 Total Fat: 9.7g Saturated Fat: 2.5g Cholesterol: 134mg Sodium: 222mg Carbohydrates: 43.1g Fiber: 3.1g Sugar: 8.5g Protein: 40.7g