I love brownies…well, anything chocolate really, so I was really thrilled when I came across this chocolate chip brownie recipe. Not only are these chocolate brownies, but they’re also filled with chunks of chocolate. And as a surprise ingredient, there’s a zested orange that gives the brownies the most wonderful flavor and texture!
If you’ve ever wanted a new brownie recipe, one that’s just a bit off the tradition of old-fashioned cocoa brownies, this is definitely one to try. It only takes about half an hour to make these and your family is going to adore them. They’re filled with chocolaty goodness and they bake up perfectly every time.
I’ve made them several times since I discovered the recipe and I’ve never had them not turn out perfectly delicious. And, I’ve used them for dessert…topped with vanilla bean ice cream… with this tomato tortellini soup and my family loved it.
I really do love a good brownie recipe, especially one that doesn’t take up much time. I stay so busy with so many things that I like to be able to feed my family wholesome homemade dishes without having to spend hours in the kitchen.
This is such a quick recipe to prep and it only bakes for about 20 minutes, so you won’t be in the kitchen long at all, and your family is going to gobble these up! Mine loved them. I honestly haven’t seen them this excited about a dessert since I made them these hazelnut cheesecake bars.
If you love chocolate, you are going to seriously love these brownies. They’re full of melted chocolate and have such a moist texture that they’re going to quickly become your favorite brownie.
Chocolate Chip Brownies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 brownies
Serving size: 180 g (6.3 oz)
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C (350 F).
2. Whisk melted butter with sugar and eggs until pale.
3. In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients: flour and cocoa powder.
4. Using a spoon stir wet mixture into dry until no lumps remain. Add half of the chopped chocolate and all of the orange zest, stir to combine.
5. Spread the batter in a prepared baking dish, sprinkle leftover chocolate on top and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Homemade brownies from scratch are always a hit
Cocoa powder gives these brownies a wonderful chocolate base
Chopped chocolate is a delicious addition
Such a moist, delicious, chocolaty brownie that bakes up perfectly every time
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 degrees C).
- Whisk melted butter with sugar and eggs until pale.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients: flour and cocoa powder.
- Using a spoon stir wet mixture into dry until no lumps remain. Add half of the chopped chocolate and all of the orange zest, stir to combine.
- Spread the batter in a prepared baking dish, sprinkle leftover chocolate on top and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 720 Total Fat: 33.9g Saturated Fat: 20.9g Cholesterol: 170mg Sodium: 212mg Carbohydrates: 100.8g Fiber: 5.5g Sugar: 68.8g Protein: 11.5g