Busy parents rarely have time during the week to put wholesome meals on the table. Whether you’re running the kids to sports practice, working late, or you just have a complicated schedule, it’s so hard to avoid the fast food line when it comes to dinner.
You want to feed your family a healthy meal, but it can take so much time, right?
Well, this one-pot tomato tortellini soup is perfect for busy parents. You can have it on the table in less than an hour and what’s even better is that you only use one pot to make it – so there’s less to clean up when you’re finished.
Imagine a delicious and filling soup that doesn’t dirty up the entire kitchen – and you can make it any night of the week with time to spare. And if your family loves Italian styled dishes, like mine does, they’ll really love this baked chicken parmesan – it’s a quick and easy dish, too.
With onion, cloves, spices, and of course, tortellini, this soup is sure to be a hit even with your pickiest eater. I know my family loves it and I’m sure yours will, too. It’s got all the heartiness of tortellini in an easy to make soup. If you’re a fan of Olive Garden and their lunch soups, this is sure to become a favorite recipe.
Plus, did I mention how fast and easy it is to make? That makes it the perfect family dinner soup. This chicken bacon spaghetti has become quite a favorite in my house, too. Be sure to check it out if you haven’t already.
If you’re like me and you get so busy during the week that you just don’t seem to have time for those wholesome family meals, this is the recipe for you. It’s delicious of course, and so easy to make, and you can make it up ahead of time and freeze it to save even more time when you’ve got a lot on your plate.
One-Pot Tomato Tortellini Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 10 oz (300 g)
Type: Main dish
1 medium white onion, diced
2 tbsps. of olive oil
3 garlic cloves
2 tsps. of dried rosemary
2 tsps. of dried oregano
½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
500 g of canned tomatoes, crushed
¼ cup of tomato paste
1 cup of cream
10 oz. package of cheese tortellini
4 cups of chicken broth
More cheese and fresh greens to serve
1. Fry diced onion until translucent. Add garlic and dried herbs. Cook for 30 seconds more.
2. Add the remainder of the ingredients except for the tortellini. Simmer for 20 minutes. Optionally, you can blend for a smoother consistency.
3. Place the cheese tortellini into the soup and cook for 10-12 minutes more until tortellini are tender.
4. Garnish with more cheese and fresh greens of your choice before serving.
Cheese tortellini, herbs, and tomatoes make a delicious one-pot soup.
Cook onion and then add herbs and spices.
Stir ingredients together in just one pot.
Top with fresh greens and cheese to serve
Delicious Italian flavor in every bite
A wholesome family dinner in under an hour
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 tbsps. of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsps. of dried rosemary
- 2 tsps. of dried oregano
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 500 g of canned tomatoes, crushed
- ¼ cup of tomato paste
- 1 cup of cream
- 10 oz. package of cheese tortellini
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- More cheese and fresh greens to serve
- Fry diced onion until translucent. Add garlic and dried herbs. Cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients except for the tortellini. Simmer for 20 minutes. Optionally, you can blend for a smoother consistency.
- Place the cheese tortellini into the soup and cook for 10-12 minutes more until tortellini are tender.
- Garnish with more cheese and fresh greens of your choice before serving.
Serving Size:10 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 9.8gSaturated Fat: 2.9gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 716mgCarbohydrates: 25.8gFiber: 2.3gSugar: 5.7gProtein: 8.5g