Chicken parmesan is a family favorite at many dinner tables. The trouble is, it’s often a difficult meal to prepare and sometimes takes longer than you have to make it. For busy moms and dads who have little time in the evenings to prepare a wholesome meal, chicken parmesan may seem like something that you just don’t have the time to make.
Until now that is – this wholesome chicken parmesan recipe takes only about a half an hour to make from start to finish. That means that you can feed your family a nutritious and delicious meal, in about half the time that it would take you to prepare something similar. It’s great for those busy weeknights when you normally resort to fast food or less wholesome foods just to save time.
Chicken is always a healthy choice and when you combine it with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese, it instantly becomes a meal that even the pickiest eater at your table will enjoy. I love how easy this is, and the recipe feeds four so it’s the perfect family meal. If you need to alter for more servings, just be sure that you are adding to all of the ingredients so that your recipe comes out flawless.
The addition of panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese make this a meal that your family is sure to love. The fact that you can make it so quickly makes it something that you will love preparing. It’s a delicious and wholesome meal that’s perfect for cold nights and it’s sure to become a favorite at your dinner table.
Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Serving size: 7 oz (200 g)
2 large boneless chicken breasts;
2 tbsp water;
1 cup panko breadcrumbs;
½ cup flour;
½ cup parmesan cheese;
1 tsp dried Italian herbs;
4 tbsp tomato sauce;
8 slices fresh mozzarella;
olive oil for frying.
1. Prepare your dredging station: mix flour with Italian herbs and a pinch of salt, mix breadcrumbs with cheese and beat one egg with 2 tbsp of cold water.
2. Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise, pound to an even thickness, season with salt and pepper.
3. Dip the chicken into the flour, shaking off any excess, then in egg and finally in panko. Brown chicken in preheated olive oil over the high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side, top with two slices of mozzarella.
4. Bake at 375 F (190 C) for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.
5. Serve with tomato sauce and fresh greens of choice.
Chicken breasts and panko breadcrumbs combine to create this delicious family meal.
Shredded parmesan gives chicken a delicious flavor.
Add sliced mozzarella to chicken breasts before baking.
Cover with tomato sauce and fresh Italian herbs.
This Chicken Parmesan is as good to look at as it is to eat.
- Prepare your dredging station: mix flour with Italian herbs and a pinch of salt. Mix breadcrumbs with cheese and beat one egg with 2 tbsps. of cold water.
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise, pound to an even thickness, season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken into the flour, shaking off any excess, then in egg and finally in panko. Brown chicken in preheated olive oil over high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side, top with two slices of mozzarella.
- Bake at 190 C (375 F) for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.
- Serve with tomato sauce and fresh greens of choice.
Serving Size:7 oz
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 442 Total Fat: 15.2g Saturated Fat: 7.5g Cholesterol: 163mg Sodium: 684mg Carbohydrates: 18.8g Fiber: 1.2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 57g