If you’ve ever searched for the perfect side dish for family get-togethers or just dinners at home, these Crunchy Parmesan Garlic Baked Potatoes are it! They’re so easy to make and so delicious that they’ll quickly become your go-to when you need something spectacular.
They’re also great for potlucks, not only because they’re easy, but because everyone is sure to love them. From the parmesan and garlic taste to the crispiness, that by the way allows for dipping, they are the perfect complement to any meal, or just a great snack time food.
Served with chopped green onions and sour cream, I really think these are going to quickly become a family favorite. And, they’re baked so they’re a bit healthier than the fried potatoes that we normally turn to. Plus, they use olive oil and not butter, so they’re just that much better for you.
You need about 10 minutes to get them ready and then they bake for around 45 minutes, so you have time to prepare your other dishes or spend some quality time with the family while your scrumptious side dish is cooking. This is a great side for busy weekdays when you just don’t really have the time to prepare a huge meal but you want something wholesome and delicious.
Crispy Parmesan Garlic Baked Potatoes Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Serving size: 4-7 oz
1. Wash and scrub potatoes, dry with paper towels and cut in half.
2. Combine grated cheese, garlic, paprika, salt and mixed herbs.
3. Cover the entire bottom of 10-inch (25 cm) baking pan with olive oil. Evenly sprinkle spicy cheese mixture over the bottom.
4. Arrange potatoes on a cheese layer cut side down, pressing slightly.
5. Bake at 400F (220C) for 35-40 minutes. Let potatoes rest for 5-10 minutes, remove carefully using knife and spatula.
6. Serve with sour cream (or yogurt) sprinkled with sliced green onions (or chives).
So few ingredients to create such a delicious dish
Start with baby potatoes, cut in half
The herbs give this dish their wonderful flavor – you can experiment with your own selection of spices, too
Blend spices evenly for consistent flavor throughout
Press potato halves firmly into spices for the best flavor in each bite
Chopped green onions really dress them up
They’re great for dipping – use sour cream, yogurt, or ranch
Such an easy dish – and so delicious!
- Wash and scrub potatoes, dry with paper towels and cut in half.
- Combine grated cheese, garlic, paprika, salt and mixed herbs.
- Cover the entire bottom of 10-inch (25 cm) baking pan with olive oil. Evenly sprinkle spicy cheese mixture over the bottom.
- Arrange potatoes on cheese layer cut side down, pressing slightly.
- Bake at 400F (220C) for 35-40 minutes. Let potatoes rest for 5-10 minutes, remove carefully using knife and spatula.
- Serve with sour cream (or yogurt) sprinkled with sliced green onions (or chives).
Serving Size:5 oz
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 130 Total Fat: 5.6g Saturated Fat: 1.1g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 419mg Carbohydrates: 18.2g Fiber: 2.9g Sugar: 1.4g Protein: 2.9g