When it comes to busy weeknight dinners, so many people opt for Hamburger Helper instead of creating their own unique and healthier dishes. Personally, I prefer homemade dishes to boxed or packaged meals, but what do you do when you just don’t have the time to create something wholesome and homemade?
You find a recipe that takes less than an hour to create and you feed your family delicious and nutritious food!
This beef casserole only takes 20 minutes to get ready and then another 35 minutes to cook. That means you can have a wholesome homemade meal on the table in under an hour and it’s one that your family will gobble right up, even your picky eaters.
With beef, mushrooms, bacon and cheese, this is sure to be a meal that your family will love. And you can top it off with these Oreo cheesecake bites which are also easy to make.
This is made in the oven which means no frying which is a much healthier option when cooking. It’s also a really easy dish and it looks as good as it tastes. My family loved it and my picky eater even asked when we’re having it again, so don’t fret over your little ones who seem to like nothing.
They are sure to love this one, and you get the satisfaction of knowing that you’ve put a homemade meal on the table, even on your busiest days. You can also check out this cast iron skilled chicken pot pie.
If you’re tired of packaged and boxed meals and want something that tastes great and is easy to put together, this beef casserole dish is a must. You can make this any day of the week or save it for the weekend and add some homemade breads or other goodies to go along with it.
This would be great served with a light pasta or you can serve it all on its own. It’s delicious enough to be a standalone dish!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 250 g (9 oz)
2 pounds (1 kg )of minced beef
2 tbsps. of olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium white onion, chopped
1 cup of cream
4-5 medium cremini mushrooms, chopped
2 tbsps. of tomato paste
10 oz (300 g) of cheese
½ cup of fried bacon, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 190 degrees C (375 F). Grease 21×9 cm (8×4 inch) baking pan.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic with chopped mushrooms and cook until all the excess liquid evaporates. Add minced beef. Cook for 5-7 minutes more or until no longer pink. Let cool down.
3. Whisk eggs with a generous pinch of salt and pepper, cream and tomato paste. Add 2/3 of cheese, browned beef and crispy bacon. Stir until combined.
4. Transfer into a baking tray and top with leftover cheese. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden on top. Let cool down before serving.
Fresh ingredients give this beef casserole it’s wholesome flavor
Brown ground beef with onions until no longer pink
Eggs, cream, tomato paste, and bacon offer a really unique flavor
Spread into a baking dish and bake for 35 minutes or so
Top with cheese and herbs and let melt
Slice and serve!
- Preheat your oven to 375 F (190 degrees C). Grease 8x4 inch (21x9 cm) baking pan.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic with chopped mushrooms and cook until all the excess liquid evaporates. Add minced beef. Cook for 5-7 minutes more or until no longer pink. Let cool down.
- Whisk eggs with a generous pinch of salt and pepper, cream and tomato paste. Add 2/3 of cheese, browned beef and crispy bacon. Stir until combined.
- Transfer into a baking tray and top with leftover cheese. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden on top. Let cool down before serving.
Serving Size:9 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 473Total Fat: 27.8gSaturated Fat: 12.9gCholesterol: 268mgSodium: 384mgCarbohydrates: 5.4gFiber: 0.9gSugar: 2.8gProtein: 48.8g