One of my favorite things about fall is pumpkin…pumpkin everything! I will admit that I buy into the pumpkin spice coffees and snacks and I just can’t wait until they come around every year.
This year, I thought that maybe I would add in my own little touch of pumpkin yumminess. I wanted a great pumpkin cookie recipe to go with my other favorite cookies and I found the most delicious one ever.
This pumpkin cookie recipe is really simple to make and you just aren’t going to believe how delicious these little cookies are.
My family adored it. They gobbled up these pumpkin cookies in less than a day…and the recipe makes a couple of dozen cookies. Talk about a hit. These are super easy and so yummy when they’re done.
And, they are perfect for adding to your Halloween party table or any get together that you may be having this fall. And, they are great for a pumpkin flavored dessert option. I actually made them as dessert to follow this chicken enchilada soup.
I do love a good cookie recipe, especially for fall. There is nothing that I love more when the temperatures start to drop than getting in the kitchen and baking something.
These cookies are the perfect thing to bake up on a cool day. And, they’re great for office potlucks. Create a little fall cookie basket with these pumpkin cookies and these really yummy caramel apple and PB cookies.
They’re also super easy and the two together are perfect for filling your cookie jar this fall.
Sift together dry ingredients
Mix pumpkin puree with eggs, sugar and dry ingredients to create the cookie base
Drop onto parchment lined cookie sheet in whatever size you want
Mix together cream cheese, caramel and other ingredients for a delicious and creamy center
Fill cooled cookies with cream filling and top with another cookie
- ¼ cup of butter, softened
- 6 oz (180 g) of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup of salted caramel
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 2/3 tsp. of baking powder
- ½ tsp. of ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. of ground cardamom
- ¼ cup of butter, softened
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Mix dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder and spices.
- Separately whisk sugar, butter and eggs until pale. Add pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Add pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth dough forms. Put it into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the cream by whisking softened butter with cream cheese, powdered sugar and caramel. Leave in fridge until needed.
- Using ice cream cooper scoop portions of dough onto a parchment covered baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes and leave to cool down completely. Sandwich cooked cream between two cookies and serve.
Serving Size:1 Cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 476Total Fat: 27.6gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 52.2gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 23.2gProtein: 7.3g