Chicken soup is good for the soul – you’ve heard that your entire life. Actually, chicken soup really is good for helping you to ward off certain illnesses and it really does warm you up on a cold winter evening.
While traditional chicken noodle soup is always a good fit, you want something that is going to mix things up a bit, right? Well, this chicken enchilada soup is perfect for warming you up on those cold winter nights.
The recipe only takes about 10 minutes to prep and then you cook it in the slow cooker for four to eight hours, depending on how quickly you want it. It has enchilada sauce and taco seasoning to give it that great Mexican flavor and you just aren’t going to believe how easy it is to make.
If you have never tried chicken enchilada soup then I highly recommend you check this recipe out. It is sure to please everyone in the family. And, you can serve your soup with these yummy and healthy zucchini tortillas.
Just imagine, in 10 minutes you could have this delicious soup simmering to perfection. I do love a good slow cooker recipe. You can feed your family a wholesome meal without spending hours in the kitchen. And if you need a really good appetizer to precede your delicious soup, these avocado fries are sure to be a hit.
If your family loves Mexican food night but you get tired of the same old boring tacos, make this chicken enchilada soup instead. It is definitely going to warm you up on those cold evenings and your entire family is going to love it!
Chicken Enchilada Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 – 8 hours
Total time: 4 – 8 hours 10 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
Serving size: 300 g ( 10 oz)
2 chicken breasts
25 oz (700 g) of canned tomatoes
1 red chili pepper
300 ml (1 ¼ cup) of enchilada sauce
1 can of white beans
1 can of corn
1 onion, chopped finely
1 cup of water
1 tbsp. of taco seasoning
½ tsp. of garlic powder
1. Blend canned tomatoes until a smooth sauce forms. Mix it with enchilada sauce and pour into a slow cooker.
2. Add all the rest of the ingredients and cover with a lid.
3. Cook on HIGH for about 4 hours or on LOW for about 8 hours.
4. Remove whole chicken breasts and shred them with a fork. Return chicken to the slow cooker and add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with optional toppings: sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips or chopped greens such as cilantro.
Fresh chicken, corn, beans and spices give this chicken enchilada soup a wonderful flavor.
Put all of your raw ingredients into the slow cooker and let it do all of the work for you!
Once cooked, just shred chicken and add back to the slow cooker
Serve with your favorite shredded cheese, sour cream or avocado
- Blend canned tomatoes until a smooth sauce forms. Mix it with enchilada sauce and pour into a slow cooker.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and cover with a lid.
- Cook on HIGH for about 4 hours or on LOW for about 8 hours.
- Remove whole chicken breasts and shred them with a fork. Return chicken to the slow cooker and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with optional toppings: sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips or chopped greens such as cilantro.
Serving Size:300 g ( 10 oz)
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 175 Total Fat: 2.1g Saturated Fat: 0.1g Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 41mg Carbohydrates: 22.2g Fiber: 5.9g Sugar: 3.3g Protein: 18.4g