Tortillas are the perfect snack. Honestly, they’re so versatile. You can put anything on them and they’re delicious. Unfortunately, they also pack quite a few carbs. I’ve been actively watching my carbs lately and there are more carbs in one flour tortilla than I’m allowed all day.
That makes my love for tortillas a bit sad. So, I started looking for alternatives. And I found this amazing recipe for zucchini tortillas that helps put things back into perspective.
There’s only a few tablespoons of flour in these tortillas, so they’re really low in carbs. They’re also low in fat and are really delicious. You eat zucchini bread, right? Why not zucchini tortillas?
Speaking of zucchini bread, if you haven’t tried this delicious lemon glazed zucchini bread recipe you are seriously missing out. It’s quickly become my family’s favorite sweet bread, and we make it for all sorts of occasions from simple desserts to family reunions.
Now, back to the tortillas. They’re flavored with just a big of oregano, which really makes them delicious. Did I mention that they’re also baked? Baked versus fried makes them so much healthier and lower in all sorts of bad fats and cholesterol.
These are seriously going to become your favorite snack – they’re already my favorite. I’ve made a few batches just to have on hand for when I get the munchies and these are great. Top them with salsa and sour cream, or some avocado – whatever you want, really. Whatever you put on them is sure to be delicious.
I love simple recipes and this one really is simple. It takes less than half an hour from start to finish. I need easy recipes like this in my life – I’m normally so busy that I don’t have time to cook extravagant foods and that makes me sad.
When I can put delicious meals on the table – or even snacks – in just a few minutes, it’s a good day. Take this cheesy cabbage casserole for instance. You can have it on the dinner table in about half an hour and it’s so delicious.
In just 25 minutes, with just a few ingredients, you can have these amazing low fat and low carb zucchini tortillas for snacking. They’re great for taco night if you’re watching your carbs or just anytime you have a hankering for something filling yet healthy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 1,5 oz (40 g)
1. Season grated zucchini with a generous pinch of salt. Wait for a minute and squeeze one more time to remove excess moisture.
2. Add flour, egg and oregano and mix well.
3. Divide into 6 parts and spread each one into 4-inch (10 cm) disks on parchment covered baking sheet or silicone mat.
4. Bake at 350 F (180 C) for 20-30 minutes or until tortillas are brown on the edges but still soft in the middle.
5. Finish with any preferable toppings.
Grate zucchini and squeeze out excess moisture.
Just four ingredients give you a world of delicious flavor.
Smooth mixture into circles on parchment paper.
Bake to crispy deliciousness – low fat and full of flavor.
Top with any number of yummy toppings from salsa to sour cream and enjoy!
- Season grated zucchini with a generous pinch of salt. Wait for a minute and squeeze one more time to remove excess moisture.
- Add flour, egg and oregano and mix well.
- Divide into 6 parts and spread each one into 10 cm (4-inch) disks on parchment covered baking sheet or silicone mat.
- Bake at 180 C (350 F) for 20-30 minutes or until tortillas are brown on the edges but still soft in the middle.
- Finish with any preferable toppings.
Serving Size:1.5 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81 Total Fat: 1.4g Saturated Fat: 0.4g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 20mg Carbohydrates: 13.7g Fiber: 1.1g Sugar: 0.9g Protein: 3.5g