From the luscious powdered sugar and lemon juice glaze to the moist bread itself, this is the perfect pick me up or it makes a great take-along for office parties, family reunions, or any other gathering. Believe me when I tell you that people are going to be begging you for this recipe! Zucchini makes it really moist and even if you’ve never baked sweet bread before, this recipe is super easy to follow.
This is sure to become a family favorite. With its moist texture and not-too-sweet flavor, this bread is perfect for every possible occasion. And, if you want a sweet flavored treat, zucchini bread is much healthier and better for you than other snacks.
Lemon zest gives the bread a great tangy taste, but not too much. Whenever or wherever you decide to try it, this is sure to quickly become your go-to bread recipe when you need something quick and easy…and oh-so delicious!
Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread Recipe
For the bread:
2 cup (240 g) flour;
1 1/3 (265 g) cup sugar;
2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice;
½ cup (120 ml) milk;
2 tsp (10 g) baking powder;
1 tsp (5 ml) vinegar;
½ cup (120 ml) vegetable oil;
1 cup (140 g) shredded zucchini;
zest of 1 lemon;
a pinch of salt.
For the glaze:
1 cup (115 g) powdered sugar;
2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice;
1 tbsp (15 ml) milk.
1. Stir vinegar into milk and let it curdle for about 5 minutes.
2. Mix dry ingredients: sifted flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
3. Beat eggs, sugar, lemon juice, zest and vegetable oil until pale and custard-like consistency.
4. Pour curdled milk, fold in dry ingredients mixture and shredded zucchini.
5. Pour batter into greased 9×5 loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350F (180C) for 35-40 minutes. Let cool completely.
7. Mix ingredients for the glaze. Spoon the glaze over the loaf.
Shredded zucchini gives this delicious bread its moistness.
Curdled milk, made with milk and vinegar, gives it just the right hint of tanginess
Sift flour to prevent lumps in your bread
Whisking liquid ingredients together helps to ensure a uniform flavor and texture
You should have a custard-like consistency.
Pour into a greased loaf pan – or two smaller loaf pans
Spoon glaze over bread after it’s cooled.
It’s as pretty as it is delicious.
Lemon zest on top gives it a great appearance and a hint of tanginess.
Slice and enjoy!
for the bread:
- 2 cups (240 g) flour
- 1 1/3 (265 g) cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- ½ cup (120 ml) milk
- 2 teaspoon (10 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vinegar
- ½ cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (140 g) shredded zucchini
- 2 eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
for the glaze:
- Stir vinegar into milk and let it curdle for about 5 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients: sifted flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Beat eggs, sugar, lemon juice, zest and vegetable oil until pale and custard-like consistency.
- Pour in curdled milk, fold in dry ingredients mixture and shredded zucchini.
- Pour batter into greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F (180C) for 35-40 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Mix ingredients for the glaze. Spoon the glaze over the loaf.
Serving Size:4 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 1351mgCarbohydrates: 1346gSugar: 1127gProtein: 51g