Whenever I host a party, I always make sure that I have a good cheese dip on hand. Cheese dip is so naturally loved by virtually everyone and it is perfect for serving with any number of foods from vegetable sticks to chips.
If you don’t have a good cheese dip recipe – and you throw a lot of parties – I have one for you. I tried this one out over the holidays and it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it! In fact, many of my friends begged me for the recipe so that they could serve it at their holiday parties.
Even if you don’t throw a lot of parties, this cheese dip is perfect for appetizer night or it would be great for Super Bowl Sunday. It only takes about 10 minutes to get it ready and then it cooks in the slow cooker for about three hours.
And this isn’t just cheese – it’s filed with ranch dressing, chicken, sour cream, barbecue sauce and a host of other delicious ingredients. You could even make a wrap out of this cheese dip and these yummy zucchini tortillas – it’ll be a healthy and delicious snack.
Whether you make this for a party or just for yourself, it is bound to be a hit. There are so many wonderful flavors all mixed together and did I mention that you make it in the slow cooker? So, there are no hours spent in the kitchen getting it ready. You just spend 10 minutes on the prep and then let it cook itself for about three hours.
This is the easiest cheese dip – not to mention the tastiest – that I have ever made and I can’t wait until I make it again. I hope you love it as much as I do. And, be sure that you check out this amazing cheese pinwheels recipe. They are just as delicious and just as easy to make.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total time: 3 hours 10 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 300 g (10 oz)
16 oz (450 g) of cream cheese
½ cup of ranch dressing
½ cup of sour cream
⅓ cup of blue cheese, crumbled
1 chicken breast
½ cup of BBQ sauce;
2 cup sharp cheese, shredded
Chopped greens, chili flakes, chips for serving
1. Boil, cool down and shred chicken breast with a fork.
2. Mix cream cheese with blue cheese, chicken, ranch, BBQ sauce and 1 cup of sharp cheese. Add some salt and pepper.
3. Sprinkle with leftover cheese. Cook in slow cooker on LOW for 2-3 hours or until bubbly.
4. Serve with some chips, topped with chopped greens and chili flakes.
Chicken, ranch dressing and barbecue sauce make this cheese dip unlike anything you have ever eaten.
Cream cheese gives the dip a wonderfully creamy consistency
Added cheddar cheese makes it super cheesy and delicious
This cheese dip cooks to perfection in the slow cooker
Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite veggie sticks for dipping
- Boil, cool down and shred chicken breast with a fork.
- Mix cream cheese with blue cheese, chicken, ranch, BBQ sauce and 1 cup of sharp cheese. Add some salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with leftover cheese. Cook in slow cooker on LOW for 2-3 hours or until bubbly.
- Serve with some chips, topped with chopped greens and chili flakes.
Serving Size:10 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 736Total Fat: 59.5gSaturated Fat: 31.9gCholesterol: 204mgSodium: 1579mgCarbohydrates: 14.4gFiber: 1.1gSugar: 6.8gProtein: 35.5g