Do you have parties coming up? During the holidays especially, I attend so many parties and make so many different appetizers and party foods. I thought that I would try something easier than what I normally take, something that doesn’t take long to make, and so I came across these cheese pinwheels.
Let me tell you, they are such a hit. Not only are they quick and easy to make, they are absolutely delicious and just one tortilla makes so many! If you need to make a batch big enough for a huge party, you just use an entire package of flour tortillas and alter the recipe.
I do love a good appetizer. A lot of times, I make appetizers for dinner – this is a favorite meal at my house. So, the next time I decide to do that, I’m going to add these pinwheels. They were such a hit when I made them for a party that I just know my family will beg for them again. I’ve made these before but not with all of these ingredients.
I have to say, these are much better than my plain Jane pinwheels. There are so many flavors! Oh, and if you need another great appetizer recipe, check out these zucchini balls. They’re super easy to make, too and simply delicious.
These little pinwheels also make wonderful snacks. You don’t necessarily have to be having a party…although I will say that I always make these for weddings. But, if you just want something really tasty and really easy to fix, you can make these any time of the day or night for a light and delicious snack.
I also love these ham and cheese puffs when I want something snack-worthy. Believe me when I say that these are the best pinwheels you will ever eat and the capers and red onion give them the most wonderful flavor. Make these for your next party, wedding or midday snack. You’ll be so glad that you did.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
Serving size: 50 g (1.7 oz)
1 large tortilla
1 package of cream cheese
¼ cup of sharp cheese, shredded
¼ cup of green olives, chopped
1 tbsp. of capers, chopped
1 ½ tbsp. of red onion, chopped
1 ½ tbsp. of fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsps. of mayonnaise
1. Mix cream cheese with shredded cheese, mayonnaise, chopped olives, onion, capers and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Spread cheese mixture over tortilla evenly. Roll the tortilla and wrap in plastic wrap tightly.
3. Leave in fridge for 4 hours or overnight. Remove plastic wrap and cut rolled tortilla into 8-10 pieces.
Olives, capers and fresh parsley give these cheese pinwheels a unique and delicious flavor
Mix all ingredients together and spread onto a flour tortilla
Roll tortilla and then cut to create pinwheels
This is the perfect dish for any party or gathering
- 1 large tortilla
- 1 package of cream cheese
- ¼ cup of sharp cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup of green olives, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of capers, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp. of red onion, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp. of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsps. of mayonnaise
- Mix cream cheese with shredded cheese, mayonnaise, chopped olives, onion, capers and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread cheese mixture over tortilla evenly. Roll the tortilla and wrap in plastic wrap tightly.
- Leave in fridge for 4 hours or overnight. Remove plastic wrap and cut rolled tortilla into 8-10 pieces.
Serving Size:3,5 oz
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 135 Total Fat: 12.4g Saturated Fat: 5.3g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 242mg Carbohydrates: 3.4g Fiber: 0.6g Sugar: 0.3g Protein: 2.8g