I was recently asked to cater a party and thought, what would be a wonderful appetizer or party food that is unique – I wanted something that was so different than anything I’d ever made. Then I came across these amazing zucchini balls.
I was so surprised at how easy they are to make and they are really delicious. The recipe makes plenty for a small party and you can easily double it if needed to make more – if you’re planning a wedding, these would be perfect!
I can’t tell you how excited I was to find this recipe. The last recipe that got me this excited was baked avocado fries – remember those? They’re also delicious and so unique. I love any recipe that is different than all the others and these zucchini balls are certainly that.
They really are perfect for parties and get-togethers or you could just make them at home to have for a nice snack. They’ll keep in the fridge for days and can easily be heated up in the microwave.
With garlic, basil, cheese and various other ingredients, these zucchini balls are going to quickly become your favorite. They’re also really easy to make and only take about 40 minutes counting the prep time. I love fast and easy recipes, especially when they turn out such delicious foods!
I plan to make these again for an upcoming brunch, where I’ll be serving this delicious salmon wellington. If you haven’t tried this yet, you really should. It’s light and tasty and I think these zucchini balls will be the perfect appetizer for a salmon wellington brunch!
If you need a party food go to then I strongly recommend these zucchini balls. They won’t take you all day in the kitchen and they’re the perfect finger food size.
Plus, you could serve them with any number of dipping sauces and they’re made with zucchini, so they’re a bit healthier than many other party food options.
Zucchini Balls Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 14 zucchini balls
Serving size: 5.5 oz (160 g)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, basil, salt, eggs and cheese together. The final batter should come together easily.
3. With slightly oiled hands, form golf-sized zucchini balls and place them on parchment paper.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and crispy on the outside.
Finely shredded zucchini gives the base for thee tasty zucchini balls.
Add zucchini, cheese, and egg along with flavorings before mixing.
Roll mixture into golf ball sized balls – or smaller if you want to make several smaller balls.
Bake to perfection.
Add toothpicks for easier pick up and dipping sauces of your preference.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, basil, salt, eggs and cheese together. The final batter should come together easily.
- With slightly oiled hands, form golf-sized zucchini balls and place them on parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and crispy on the outside.
Serving Size:5.5 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 11.5gSaturated Fat: 4.6gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 567mgCarbohydrates: 12.6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1.7gProtein: 8.1g