Do you love wings? Do you also tend to plan parties at your house and need a great wing recipe? If so, I have just the recipe for you. This honey sriracha chicken is a great twist on traditional buffalo wings. It’s super easy to make and so delicious! If you plan parties quite often, this is definitely going to need to be on your menu. I made this recently for appetizer night – my family has appetizers for dinner about once a month – and let me tell you, it was the best part of the meal!
This recipe only takes about 10 minutes to get ready and then another three to six hours to cook in the crockpot. The actual cooking time depends on when you need it. If you need it quickly, cook it on high or leave it on low and let it cook all day while you get everything else ready. The recipe is so flexible and did I mention that it’s really delicious? Like seriously – my family devoured these little chicken wings, and some of them don’t really like wings! This one is more of an Asian based recipe that gets its flavor from honey, garlic, lime juice and of course, sriracha. It’s going to become your favorite appetizer, and it pairs nicely at parties with these zucchini balls.
If you need a great wing recipe, I highly recommend that you try this one. It is honestly one of the easiest wing recipes in existence because you cook it in the crockpot. I love great slow cooker recipes. They allow you to tend to other things while your meals or foods are cooking and when you use the slow cooker, you just know that you’re going to get great flavor in every single bite. So, if you’re looking for a great appetizer recipe, this is it. And, you can serve these as a main dish if you like – just pair them with a great side like this delicious BLT pasta salad for a quick and easy meal that is sure to please the entire family.
Honey Sriracha Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2-3 hours/5-6 hours
Total time: 2-3 hours/5-6 hours 10 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 7 oz (200 g)
1. Quickly brown chicken wings over high heat on both sides.
2. Meanwhile combine all of the ingredients for the sauce: ketchup, lime juice, honey, soy sauce, garlic powder and sriracha.
3. Put chicken in a slow cooker, pour the sauce over and stir to cover each wing.
4. Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours or on LOW for 5-6 hours.
Brown chicken wings in oil to give them a nice crunch
Homemade sauce of ketchup, soy sauce, honey and sriracha give these wings their flavor
Mix everything together in a slow cooker and relax while the wings cook themselves!
Serve as an appetizer or main course – they’re delicious either way
- Quickly brown chicken wings over high heat on both sides.
- Meanwhile combine all of the ingredients for the sauce: ketchup, lime juice, honey, soy sauce, garlic powder and sriracha.
- Put chicken in a slow cooker, pour the sauce over and stir to cover each wing.
- Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours or on LOW for 5-6 hours.
Serving Size:7 oz
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 417 Total Fat: 13.5g Saturated Fat: 3.7g Cholesterol: 161mg Sodium: 1009mg Carbohydrates: 18.6g Fiber: 0.2g Sugar: 17.1g Protein: 53.7g