I love pasta salad – I mean, all pasta salads. They’re all my favorites. It’s filled with wonderful ingredients - I mean, there’s bacon – and has such a beautiful color when it’s all put together. If you tend to do pasta salads for reunions or potluck, this is a good one to try.
It only takes about 25 minutes including prep time, so it’s fast and easy. And of course, it’s delicious. What wouldn’t you love about a bow tie pasta salad that has bacon, lettuce, purple onion, tomatoes, and other yumminess?
The dressing is what’s really great about this. It’s completely homemade so you can really brag when people eat it up. The dressing has mayo, lemon zest, and so many other wonderful flavors that all work together to make this the most delicious pasta salad you’ve ever tried.
I think even kids are going to love this one, and since it’s so easy to make, it will quickly become your go-to when you need a tasty side dish that will go with just about any meat you may be cooking up.
BLT Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 min
Serving size: 150 g (5,2 oz)
¼ cup mayo;
2 tablespoon sour cream;
½ teaspoon mixed dried herbs (parsley, dill, green onion);
½ teaspoon garlic powder;
1 tablespoon olive oil;
½ teaspoon lemon juice;
½ teaspoon lemon zest;
½ teaspoon mixed dried Italian herbs.
1. Cook pasta in salted boiling water till al dente. Drain and rinse.
2. Combine all of the «dressing» ingredients together.
Cut bacon and fry until brown and crispy. Transfer onto a paper towels, crumble or chop when cooled down.
3. Chop salad leaves, dice vegetables. Mix with pasta, crispy bacon and dressing.
Such healthy ingredients go into this delicious pasta salad
A yummy dressing of mayo, lemon juice, and fresh lemon zest makes this dish fabulous
The colors are simply gorgeous!
Bow tie pasta completes the dish – you could use other pastas as well if you prefer
It’s such an attractive and colorful dish – and it’s delicious!
A yummy pasta salad that’s healthy and sure to be perfect for any side
- ½ pound (250 g) bow-tie pasta;
- 1 small head lettuce;
- 3 medium tomatoes;
- ½ small purple onion;
- ½ pound (250 g) thick cut bacon.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water till al dente. Drain and rinse.
- Combine all of the «dressing» ingredients together.
- Cut bacon and fry until brown and crispy. Transfer onto a paper towels, crumble or chop when cooled down.
- Chop salad leaves, dice vegetables. Mix with pasta, crispy bacon and dressing.
Serving Size:150 g (5,2 oz)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 17.59gSaturated Fat: 2.889gTrans Fat: 0.001gUnsaturated Fat: 6.297gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 642mgCarbohydrates: 18.03gFiber: 4gSugar: 2.61gProtein: 6.27g