When you’re trying to get your home ready for the holidays, it’s easy to get sucked into spending a lot of money. But you don’t have to. Some of the best holiday decor ideas can be made at home using the simplest of supplies, many of which you probably already have.
But today I want to show you how you can make cute “Christmas trees” using paper cones!
(Amazon.com affiliate links)
All of these projects start with the same initial step, so I’ll just describe it once. You fold a piece of paper or cardboard into a cone shape. Cut around the bottom to make sure you can set it upright. Then you are ready to decorate the cone and make it pretty. Here are the different projects!
Twine Christmas Tree
1. Start with the paper cone and grab some twine.
2. Using hot glue, attach the twine around the paper cone.
3. Embellish your finished twine Christmas tree as you see fit.
Pasta Christmas Tree
1. Use hot glue to attach pasta around a paper cone.
2. Use metallic spray paint to add a metallic veneer to the pasta, and embellish as you see fit.
Shell Christmas Tree
1. Hot glue clam shells to a paper cone. In theory you could use other types of shells, but the clam shells will work best.
2. Add a starfish to the top.
3. If you want, use some metallic spray paint to create a shining finish.
Bean Christmas Tree
1. Hot glue some beans of your choice to a paper cone.
2. Embellish as you see fit.
3. Spray paint the beans with metallic paint.
Flower Petal Christmas Tree
1. Use hot glue to attach some faux flower petals around a paper cone.
Look how dainty and ethereal the result looks!
I hope you enjoy crafting these beautiful Christmas tree projects!