I get so tired of eating the same thing all the time, don’t you? I mean, potato chips are great but wouldn’t it be even better to have a quick and easy recipe on hand that serves as an alternative for this traditional snack? Made with potatoes of course. Well, I got so tired of always reaching for the chip bag that I went on a hunt for some great appetizers and snacks that were different than anything I’ve made before.
What I found was this amazing pierogi pizza recipe and let me tell you, this is a wonderful alternative to chips and other snack foods. With real potatoes, Greek yogurt and melted cheese, this is definitely an appetizer like you’ve never had before. I do love a good appetizer, like these ham and cheese puffs. I love trying new dishes as often as I can and this pierogi pizza is one of my favorites.
To say my family loved it would be an understatement. They have even asked when I’m making it again. It’s a little pizza that you make with mashed potatoes – hence pierogi – as well as garlic, mozzarella, Greek yogurt and you place it all on premade pizza dough. It’s absolutely out of this world delicious, especially when you top it with sour cream and scallions. If you’re looking for a good appetizer for an upcoming dinner party or you just want something for a little snack, this is the recipe that you just have to try. It would be a delicious precursor to this baked chicken parmesan for dinner.
Did I mention that this also has bacon? I feel like that’s a really important ingredient. I mean, who doesn’t just love bacon? I’m telling you, this is going to become a hit at your house from the moment you make it. Whether you use it as an appetizer, a snack, or even lunch, this little pierogi pizza is going to be your favorite mashed potato dish – it sure has become mine!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 9 oz (250 g)
4 medium potatoes, boiled
2 tbsps. of butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
10 oz. (300 g) of shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
1 pound (500 g) of premade pizza dough
Sliced scallions for serving
1. Preheat your oven to 430 F (220 degrees C).
2. Mash boiled potatoes with butter and ¼ cup of yogurt. Season with salt and pepper to taste, add minced garlic and bacon.
3. Roll out the pizza dough to 1/2-inch thickness and transfer to a baking sheet. Cover with leftover yogurt, leaving a small border. Sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded mozzarella on top.
4. Spread potato filing as evenly as possible. Sprinkle with leftover mozzarella.
5. Bake for 25 minutes and serve with some sliced scallions.
Greek yogurt, potatoes, and garlic give this pierogi pizza a wonderful flavor
Mix mashed potatoes with garlic, bacon, and other ingredients
Spread potato filling onto premade pizza crust and top with cheese
Bake until cheese is melted and crust is browned
Top with sour cream and scallions for a delicious appetizer or snack
Serves 9 oz (250 g)
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 4 medium potatoes , boiled
- 2 tbsps. of butter
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 10 oz. (300 g) of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- 500 g (1 pound) of premade pizza dough
- Sliced scallions for serving
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees C (430 F).
- Mash boiled potatoes with butter and ¼ cup of yogurt. Season with salt and pepper to taste, add minced garlic and bacon.
- Roll out the pizza dough to 1/2-inch thickness and transfer to a baking sheet. Cover with leftover yogurt, leaving a small border. Sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded mozzarella on top.
- Spread potato filing as evenly as possible. Sprinkle with leftover mozzarella.
- Bake for 25 minutes and serve with some sliced scallions.