This framed wood slice mini Christmas tree is the perfect rustic Christmas decoration. It is so easy to make and it adds a beautiful look to any Christmas decor. If you like the rustic look and want more affordable holiday decorations, then this is a great addition to your holidays that will be beautiful, simple to make, and ideal for kids to help you with.
Wood Slice Mini Christmas Tree
This beautiful little tree is made from a natural slice of wood and makes a perfect addition to any Christmas decor. You can make this super easy with just the wood and glue, or decorate with tons of decorations, tinsel, and glitter. It's easy to make it look unique!
This is one of those crafts that people buy from boutique stores but there is no need to pay the high prices. You can make one yourself so simply. It will take you no time to make this wood slice mini Christmas tree. And if you love the idea of adding wood slice decorations to your holidays, then you might want to check out the wood slice joy ornament. It's a great addition to your tree with a chalkboard base you can customize with a different word if you prefer.
Do I Have to Frame This?
When it comes to crafts like this, there is no set way to make them. You can easily skip the frame and leave this mini Christmas tree as just the tree. If you want to leave off the frame, you want to glue the wood slice mini Christmas tree together. From there you can prop the tree up against the wall to make it stand up.
If you want to give the tree a base, you can use the same idea that I used with the wood slice snowman. Use a few wood slices to glue to the bottom of the tree. It can also be glued to a piece of wood, painted cardboard, or anything similar that can be propped against the mantle if you wish.
What Ways Can I Customize This Mini Christmas Tree?
There are a lot of ways to customize this mini Christmas tree. You can add your own touch and flair with some of the ideas below. Get creative and make it truly your own.
- If you are using a frame like this one, you can change up the colors for the outline.
- You can also make a fabric background for the tree slices to lay against. This can give the frame a nice pop.
- Add pieces of evergreen around the tree.
- Glue on some berries or other sticks around the tree.
- You can add miniature decorations or lights to the tree.
- Adding sequins around the wood slices will give the appearance of lights on the tree.
- You can also add pom poms to create ornaments on the tree.
- If you are good at painting you can also paint these slices of wood to add in some of your favorite elements of a Christmas tree.
As you can see, there are tons of easy ways to make your tree look unique. Plus, they are affordable, so it's a budget-friendly idea!
What Can I Use to Frame This?
A picture frame is a great way to add a frame to this wood slice mini Christmas tree. You can also use things like a shadow box. Anything that creates the framing effect around the tree will give the same effect.
You can also create your own frame. Use scrap wood pieces to create a frame. Juar glue or nail the wood into a frame, and add a cardboard backing to glue the tree onto. You can even use cardboard and wrap it in festive scrapbook paper.
Where Can I Find Wood Slices for Crafting?
Some people get their wood slices from trees around their home or use slices that they get from the bottom of the Christmas tree before placing it in the stand. Of course, it's easiest to pick them up in the craft area of your local department store.
If you need to get wood slices for crafting you can get there online or in some craft stores. Big box stores like Walmart or craft stores like Michaels, Joannes, or Hobby Lobby sell these pieces of wood. You can order the wood slices online from places like Amazon and Etsy. Sometimes, people also sell these pieces of wood on the Facebook marketplace.
- Wood slices
- Picture frame
- Holiday-themed washi tape
- Fake greenery and berries
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
How to Make a Wood Slice Mini Christmas Tree
Remove the backing from a picture frame then remove the glass front and set it aside. Put the frame back together without the glass piece.
Add washi tape or another decorative ribbon or tape around the edge of the picture frame. This can be used to cover colored areas or just as an extra decoration.
Arrange the wood slices into the shape of a tree on the frame.
Then, once happy with the look, secure them to the back of the frame with glue.
Add a few bits of fake greenery and berries at the top of the tree.
Use additional decor if desired, then display your framed tree.
More Christmas Tree Crafts
I love adding mini Christmas trees to my holiday decorations, and we have tons of ideas that have been made and shared before. If you want some new inspiration, check out my personal favorites below. Make sure you bookmark them, print out the tutorials, or pin them to Pinterest to make them soon!
- Upcycled Sweater Miniature Christmas Tree Decoration
- DIY Miniature Pasta Christmas Tree
- Easy Plaid Fabric Miniature Christmas Tree
- Gold Ornament Ring Miniature Christmas Tree
- Remove the backing from a picture frame then remove the glass front and set it aside. Put the frame back together without the glass piece.
- Add washi tape or another decorative ribbon or tape around the edge of the picture frame. This can be used to cover colored areas or just as an extra decoration.
- Arrange the wood slices into the shape of a tree on the frame.
- Then, once happy with the look, secure them to the back of the frame with glue.
- Add a few bits of fake greenery and berries at the top of the tree.
- Use additional decor if desired, then display your framed tree.
Decorate with your own preferred style using different colors for the frame, washi tape, and decorations on the tree.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Framed Jeweled Holiday Tree | Etsy
Christmas Ornament Holder Display Stand Rustic Farmhouse | Etsy
Family Tree Sign With Hanging Hearts Personalized Gift | Etsy
Christmas Tree Drawing/ Framed Wood Sign / Hanging Winter | Etsy
Rustic Mini Christmas Tree | Etsy
Realistic Christmas Tree Print Minimalist Evergreen Pine Tree | Etsy
Finished Project Gallery
Customize with more sprinkles of glitter, sequins, or beads so your tree sparkles in the light!