Pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast foods. Honestly, I love all types of pancakes from blueberry to chocolate chip. This crispy potato pancake recipe looked so delicious that I just had to try it and I’m glad I did. Not only is it now one of my own favorites, my entire family loves it.
This is a great recipe for breakfast or brunch. If you’re planning a little get-together with the girls or a huge family meal, this is definitely a recipe that you’re going to want to try. The pancakes only take about half an hour and the recipe is so easy to adjust to make more or less as needed.
With eggs, biscuits and gravy, or just about any other breakfast food that you serve, these potato pancakes are sure to be a hit. With olive oil for taste, as well as sour cream and fresh dill for serving, these little potato cakes are as delicious as they are quick and easy to make. They’re even great for a snack any time of the day or night. Speaking of snacks, have you tried this delicious zucchini bread? It’s sure to be a favorite, too.
If potatoes, or even pancakes, are your favorite foods, you are sure to love this wonderful recipe. It’s tasty, crispy, and one of the best potato recipes I’ve tried in such a long time.
Grated potatoes are the main ingredient of these delicious pancakes.
Cook each potato pancake to browned perfection in heated olive oil.
Serve with sour cream and fresh dill – or whatever you prefer.
Stack them for even more delicious flavor.
Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or anytime.
Serves 130 g (4,5 oz)
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 pound of potatoes, grated
- 6 tbsps. of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsps. of salt
- ¼ tsp. of ground black pepper
- Sour cream and fresh dill for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Rinse grated potatoes with cold water to get rid of excess starch. Squeeze the potatoes to remove excess moisture. Season with salt, pepper and 2 tbsps. of olive oil.
- Heat 8-inch pan over medium heat, cover with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and add one-quarter of potato mixture – do this for each of your pancakes.
- Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until bottom is golden and crispy.
- Place into the oven for 7 minutes, flip and cook for 7-10 minutes more.
- Serve with sour cream and fresh dill.