Easter is just around the corner. With it comes chocolate, hard boiled eggs, and of course, scrumptious desserts. If you’re wondering what sweet treat to make to take along to those family Easter egg hunts, this adorable little Easter bunny cake is the perfect choice. Not only is it adorable, it’s delicious, and it’s really easy to make.
The trick to this cute little bunny cake is in the cutting. Instead of buying pans that make your cake look like the Easter bunny, you can simply cut the cake and shape it into the bunny. Then just decorate and you’re all done – and the decorating is the really easy part. The cake itself is so moist and delicious. No one will ever believe that it only took you a few minutes to bake – and it’s the perfect complement to Easter dinner. By the way, this BLT pasta salad would make an amazing side dish for your dinner table as well.
I promise you are going to love the taste and texture of this cake. You’ll also love how very easy it is to put together, and kids and adults alike will marvel over it when you serve it. Grab those baking pans and make this – you are definitely going to want this to be the highlight of Easter.
Softened butter, eggs, and sugar are key ingredients in this completely made from scratch cake.
Mix ingredients well and pour into two round eight inch cake pans.
Make homemade cream cheese frosting.
Cut and arrange cake pieces to make bunny face and ears.
Add a section of cake for the bunny’s bow tie.
Cover entire cake with frosting.
Decorate face and bow tie with sprinkles and colored icing.
Adorable and delicious!
Serves 4.5 oz (130 g)
25 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1 ½ cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup of butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups of flour
- 3 ¼ tsps. of baking powder
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup of butter, softened;
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- a pinch of salt
- Sugar sprinkles and icing for decoration.
- For the cake, beat butter and sugar till pale and fluffy. Add 3 eggs, one at a time, while continuing to beat. Combine dry ingredients together and gradually add them to the butter-sugar mixture. Pour in milk and mix well.
- Divide batter in half and spread into two round 20 cm (8-inch) cake pans.
- Bake at 180 C (350 F) for 30 minutes or until it springs back to the touch. Let cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat butter, cream cheese, salt and powdered sugar until combined.
- Level your cakes and cut out one of them into three different shapes as shown on the photo. You will need 2 edges for “ears” and 1 for “bow tie”. Attach bunny “ears” and “bow tie” to the whole round cake with a small dollop of frosting.
- Cover the cake with frosting using small spatula or spoon. Decorate with icing and sprinkles.