Get your day started off right when you treat yourself to this delicious spinach and bacon frittata. Spinach is filled with good for you vitamins and nutrients and you know that having a hearty breakfast is the best way to start the day.
You can have a good breakfast and still keep it healthy. This frittata has bacon and eggs, which are hearty, along with healthy veggies like spinach, tomatoes, and red pepper. It’s also a delicious way to get the day started.
The entire frittata only takes about half an hour to make, but you could make it the night before if you’re normally pressed for time. Just store in the fridge and heat it up in the morning. This is also a wonderful dish for brunches or breakfasts when you will be entertaining.
I’m betting you could even get the kids to eat this – even with the spinach. The spinach really gives it a wonderful flavor and when you combine it with bacon, peppers, and onions, you get a dish that is sure to be the high point of your day. If you typically aren’t a breakfast person, now is the time to change that and you can do it with a dish that is sure to put you in a great mood to tackle your day – no matter how busy you may be.
Spinach and Bacon Frittata Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total time: 30 min
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 7 oz (200 g)
Type: Main, Breakfast
1. Beat eggs with cream and a pinch of salt.
2. Sautee diced vegetables together until softened. Add spinach leaves at the very end and allow to wilt.
3. Butter square 8x8 inch (20x20 cm) baking pan, spread vegetables in it and pour beaten eggs over. Bake at 350 F (180 C) for 20 minutes or until eggs are fully set.
Red onion, red peppers, and spinach give this frittata a wonderful flavor
You can make the dish feed more or less by changing the number of eggs you use
Sautee onions and peppers and then allow spinach to wilt before adding to eggs
This is a very colorful and appetizing dish
It’s sure to be the hit of your next breakfast
- Beat eggs with cream and a pinch of salt.
- Saute diced vegetables together until softened. Add spinach leaves at the very end and allow to wilt.
- Butter square 8x8 inch (20x20 cm) baking pan, spread vegetables in it and pour beaten eggs over. Bake at 350 F (180 C) for 20 minutes or until eggs are fully set.
Serving Size:7 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2.5gCholesterol: 222mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 6.1gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 3.4gProtein: 11.4g