Aren’t these paper button flowers absolutely adorable? They are so cute and easy to make. A perfect addition to a gift or added to a craft. I think I will use some of mine on some upcoming scrapbook pages! I love that these are made with just scrap paper, buttons, and glue! It doesn’t get any easier than this craft!
Paper Button Flowers
Oh my goodness!! So adorable and so easy to make! These little button flowers are a perfect way to create something unique while also using up both scrap paper and buttons.
I love using leftover craft supplies for something different than intended. This craft came about when I had just a few bits of craft paper left that weren’t large enough for any other projects. The rest, they say, is history!
My obsession with paper flowers knows no end. If you love flowers but want some that don’t fade and die in days, then you’ll fall in love with my tissue paper flowers, quilled paper flowers, or simple flowers from old book pages.
Do I Have to Sew the Buttons in Place?
I like the look of sewing these buttons in place on the craft paper. It gives it a more rustic and authentic look, but you don’t have to do that. If you prefer, you can simply glue the buttons in place on the paper.
Of course, the look of the flowers is still beautiful with or without the buttons being sewed into place.
Don’t be afraid of sewing these to the paper. It just requires a little extra time and is a great way to practice your sewing skills. I like the idea of using this as a great way to help teach kids basic sewing methods!
If you have even more extra buttons on hand, you can make this beautiful button carrot wall art for Easter. So easy and such a fun way to add unique decorations to your home for a holiday!
There are tons of button crafts and projects to choose from if you want more ideas!
What Should I do With These Button Flowers?
The possibilities for this project, are, as they say, endless! There are tons of fun ways to use these once they are done being made. My favorites are adding them to a dinner table for a fun birthday party or tea party. Since they are so deliciate and whimsical, they would be a great addition to any party!
Other ways to use them are below, but feel free to use your imagination to use your paper button flowers in whatever ways work for you!
Of course, they are beautiful just as they are displayed on any table or surface for pretty spring flower decor.
- Glue them onto this paper flower photo card as an added detail.
- Scatter on a table as simple decor.
- Pour into a clear jar, bowl, or vase to add a unique decoration to a room.
- String or glue them onto twine or ribbon and use it as a mantle decoration.
- Add them to homemade cards as a fun embellishment.
- Glue them to a scrapbook page.
- Use them as a gift tag on a present being given to a friend.
- Scrap paper
- Craft Glue
How to Make Paper Button Flowers
Using a hole punch, cut flower shapes from various pieces of scrap paper. For this part, you can use any flower-shaped hole punch and even use them in various sizes if you want.
Glue a button onto the center of each flower.
Using needle and thread, sew the button in place with a few back and forth stitches.
Add to crafts or use as desired.
Printable Step by Step Tutorial:
- 12 buttons
- Scrap paper in various colors
- Hole punch
- Craft glue
- Begin by using your flower shaped hole punch to cut out 12 (or more) flower shapes from various pieces of craft paper;
- Next, you will use a dot of craft glue to secure a button in place on the center of each paper flower;
- Once the glue has dried, use a needle and thread to stitch through the paper and glue to "secure" the button (this just adds the look of thread, the glue holds it in place);
- Now, you will display or use as desired!
Make these in various sizes to add even more variety to your decor!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.