This paper fan garland is the perfect addition to your next party decor! I love the way it is easy to make, but also how I can customize with any color of paper I prefer! For this example, I created a rainbow-themed paper fan garland, but you could customize to your preferences.
If hosting a rainbow party, you can add some of these unicorn crafts to the list of decorations or things to create at the party!
Paper Fan Garland
I love decorating for any event or party, but I also love decorating just because. This easy paper fan garland is perfect for fun colorful party themes, but also a great option for just adding color to your dining room or even bedroom!
It is customizable with the colors of paper you prefer using, and can be used for any holiday, birthday, baby shower, or even a wedding/bridal shower!
If you like decorating for parties then you will love my simple butterfly decoration from an old book, or even my tips for how to make simple paper flowers. These are simple but beautiful additions that really add liveliness to a room.
What’s the Best Paper for This Garland?
Since you are folding the paper into a fan, you need a paper that will hold the shape. This isn’t a project to use tissue paper but is ideal for any copy paper, stationery paper, or my preferred kid’s construction paper.
All of these come in a multitude of colors to customize your paper fan garland for any party or room decor.
- Construction or copy paper in multiple colors
- Stapler or hot glue gun and glue
How to Make a Paper Fan Garland
For this project, you will choose the colors of paper you want your garland to be. I chose a rainbow color because it was ideal for the rainbow party I was hosting.
Begin by folding your paper in half. You will cut along that half crease, and then you will begin folding each piece in the zig-zag pattern of a fan.
When you reach the end of the paper, fold it in half then glue the middle or staple it to create the fan shape.
You will continue doing this with as many pieces and colors as you want for your garland, then attach them to each other with glue or a stapler rotating them going up and down in a pattern.
Printable Step by Step Photo Tutorial:
- Paper in preferred colors
- Stapler or Hot Glue gun and hot glue
- Begin by choosing your colored papers;
- Start with one piece of paper and fold it in half;
- Cut along the seam where it was folded;
- Using one half of the paper, begin folding back and forth in a zig-zag fan pattern;
- Once done folding, fold ends back toward each other and glue in the center to create fan shape;
- Continue this process with other colors until you have as many as needed for your garland;
- Glue or staple the fans together and display on a wall.
My favorite Etsy party decorations. (Affiliate links)
- Happy Birthday Garland Party Decoration Gold Wall Decor
- Gold Balloon Arch Kit - Gold & White Party Decorations - Gold Balloon Garland
- Rose Gold Balloon Arch Kit Garland Birthday Confetti Hen Party Decorations Chrome Copper Blush Wedding
- 30th Party Decorations - Paper Garland Gin, Champagne and Tequila Garland
- Rose Gold Balloon Arch Kit - Rose Gold & White Party Decorations - Rose Gold Balloon Garland
- Paper Fans