If you are looking for an easy, fun, crafty way to spruce up a table or desk, why not try making tissue paper pom-pom flowers? While the craft is simple and fast to create, the results can be stunning. Find out how to create your own in this quick video tutorial.
How to Make Tissue Paper Pom Pom Flowers
Once you have made one of these flowers and realized how fast and easy it is, you can get into a rhythm and easily make an entire bouquet of these beautiful colorful tissue paper blossoms.
Supplies You Need to Make Tissue Paper Pom Pom Flowers
There are literally only a handful of supplies that you need to create these flowers and put them on display. You will need a pair of scissors, some gardening wire, some tissue paper in a color of your choice (or multiple colors, if you prefer), some faux leaves, and a basket or vase to display your finished arrangement.
What to Do With Tissue Paper Ball Flowers
After you have finished crafting tissue paper ball flowers, you can display them anywhere you like. Not only can they look beautiful in a simple arrangement, but you can also incorporate them into wreaths and other crafts.
How Do You Make Tissue Paper Pom Pom Flowers? Step-by-Step Video and Photo Tutorial
We are now ready to jump into our step-by-step video tutorial for making tissue paper pom pom flowers. Find a quick list of materials and tools which you can reference below along with written instructions to go with the video.
- Tissue paper
- Gardening wire
- Faux leaves
- Basket or vase for display
- To begin with, you will need a large number of strips of tissue paper which are identically sized. There are a number of approaches you can take to doing this.
- To make the process as rapid as possible, I started out by folding a large piece of tissue paper repeatedly. I then cut along the sides so that I had a bunch of strips. I then folded that over and over before cutting along the sides again to get a bunch of smaller strips.
- Separate your many strips of tissue paper into piles. Each should have the same number of tissue paper strips in it.
- Place all but one of the piles aside for now. Begin folding it back and forth and back and forth as if you are making a fan.
- Once you have that accordion/fan shape, pinch it together in the middle so that it fans out to either side kind of like a bow tie.
- Tie a piece of gardening wire around the center.
- Start pulling the two sections that fan out from the middle open so that they form a flattened flower shape. Then, carefully begin separating the layers and standing them up until you have sculpted them into a ball shape.
- You may need to do some trimming to even up the edges as you go.
- At this point, if all you wanted was a small flower without a full, voluminous ball shape, you could call the project completed. But if you want to create a full-sized tissue paper ball flower, you will need to repeat all the steps above with the remaining three piles of tissue paper strips. This will give you four identical smaller flowers.
- All that is left to do is to bring together the four smaller flowers, bunching up the tissue paper so that it forms a ball shape. As you are doing that, bring the gardening wire “stems” together, and twist them around each other to form a single, stronger stem.
- Once you have finished crafting a single tissue paper ball flower, consider making one or two more, and arranging them together with some faux leaves inside a vase or basket. They also can be used to decorate wreaths, gifts, and more.
My favorite Etsy flower items.
What to Make Next After Creating Tissue Paper Ball Flowers
If you had a good time with this project, and are looking for another way to create tissue paper flowers, give this colorful DIY project a try. These flowers might look stunning displayed with the ball flowers you just made.
You also may have a good time making roses out of egg cartons. Visit us again soon to discover more fun flower-themed DIY crafts!
Pin this project: