Have an old book with a worn binding which you no longer need? One great use for it is to repurpose it to help you make vintage paper craft flowers.
You can use these as decorations in any context you like. You will see that it is an easy craft with only a few simple materials needed.
How to Make a Vintage Flower from Old Book Pages
Making these vintage paper flowers is a fast process once you get the hang of it since making the petals involve the same repetitive steps.
That makes it easy to turn out a whole batch of these if you want.
Make a Paper Flower Out of Book Pages and These Other Simple Supplies
You require only the most basic of supplies to make a paper flower out of an old book. You need the old book itself, some twine, a button, a pencil, a ruler, a pair of scissors and some glue.
A hot glue gun works best, but you can choose to use other types of glue as well.
What Can You Do With Your Flower From an Old Book?
Once you have finished crafting your flower from old book pages, you can hang it to display, set it somewhere, or even use it as a topper for a gift.
While this is a great item for year-round décor, it also would make a lovely Christmas tree ornament.
- Old book
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Open your old book to any of the pages. With a ruler or other straight edge, trace equidistant lines across the page. You are going to be cutting along these lines in the next step to create a series of strips of paper. How wide or narrow and you want them to be is up to you, so just keep that in mind as you are drawing the lines.
- Cut out the strips of paper.
- Use hot glue to attach one end to the other of each individual strip of paper. Do not fold them; you want them to have a curved shape, as these will serve as flower petals.
- Once you have a large number of flower petals, you are ready to start joining them together. Use hot glue to attach them on to the next, working your way around until you have formed a full circle. The exact amount of petals you use depends on how dense you want the flower to be.
- Hot glue a button to the center of the flower to complete it.
- All done!
Flower from an Old Book Video Tutorial Step by Step
What to Make After You Complete Your Vintage Flower Old Book Craft
If you had a fun time making this craft, you will want to try your hand at other paper flower crafts. In fact, I recently shared another tutorial to teach you a different way to make paper flowers from old book pages.
If you want to work in a different paper medium than old books, consider trying your hand at making flowers out of tissue paper.
Pin this project:
I love paper crafts, and regularly post new paper craft tutorials. So keep checking back as I'm always adding new projects for you to try!