I recently cleaned and organized my kitchen, and during the process, I found thousands of plastic spoons. Well, not thousands, but there were several of them. I rarely use plastic spoons, so I'm wondering why I even had this massive hoard on hand.
So, I did what I do, and I started looking for ways to repurpose those plastic spoons as opposed to just throwing them out. I really think you are going to love this DIY candle holder that you can make from plastic spoons!
What You Need For This DIY Candle Holder From Plastic Spoons
You know all of those plastic spoons that you have in your kitchen junk drawer? Yeah, we’re going to be putting those things to good use. You’ll also want some faux flower leaves – you can get these at the Dollar Store really cheap, and some spray paint in whatever color you want to make your candle holder.
Can I Burn Candles In A Plastic Spoon Candle Holder?
You probably don’t want to burn a traditional candle in this DIY candle holder. You can, however, place a candle in it if you don’t plan on burning it. Or, you can buy LED candles that are perfect for use with this plastic spoon candle holder.
What Other DIY Projects Can You Do With Plastic Spoons?
Oh my goodness, you guys, there are so many great things that you can craft with plastic spoons! I’ve shown you these adorable plastic spoon ladybugs, and how to make roses from plastic spoons. There are also some great Easter crafts for kids from plastic spoons. I know it’s not Easter, but you can save this one for next year!
How To Make A Candle Holder From Plastic Spoons
You can easily DIY this beautiful candle holder from plastic spoons. This is great décor for any room in the house or set it outside in your flower garden or on the porch to bring some romantic atmosphere to your outdoor living spaces.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Active Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Plastic Spoons – You need around 20
- Spray Paint – I used a gold color, but you can use whatever color you want
- Craft Knife
- Large Pillar LED Candle
- Faux Flower Leaves
1. Let’s start with the cardboard. You want to take a piece of cardboard and draw a circle on it with a pen or a pencil. The circle should be large enough to hold your candle.
2. Make the cardboard circle about an inch around if you want to glue two circles of plastic spoons. Cut out a cardboard circle and set it aside.
3. Now, let’s get those spoons ready! You have to remove the handles. Using your craft knife, remove the handle all the way up to the base of the spoon. Be careful that you don’t cut yourself or break your plastic spoons during the process.
4. Start gluing the spoon heads onto the cardboard using your hot glue. Begin with the outside corner of the cardboard and glue the spoons on one at a time until you reach the full circle.
5. Repeat this step but go inside the circle. Glue the spoons between the gaps that you created when you did the outside.
6. You now have the base of your candle holder.
7. Now comes the fun part – painting! With your chosen paint color, spray the candle holder until you get the hue that you want. Please do this outdoors as spray paint fumes can be dangerous indoors.
8. Once you have sprayed the entire candle holder, you want to let it dry for a few hours. Turn it upside down so that the spoon heads don’t hold any excess paint and allow it to dry on a newspaper.
9. Once your paint has dried, you can add the flower petals or leaves. Glue these into the center of the candle holder on the inside.
10. Place your candle and enjoy! When you are finished, your DIY plastic spoons candle holder should look something like this:
What are your favorite ways to repurpose plastic spoons?