I love stuffed pork chops, but I have to admit that I had never made them myself…until now. I found this recipe, and it’s the easiest thing ever to make. These pork chops are stuffed with tasty tomatoes and mozzarella cheese and they are sure to be a hit at the dinner table. Just add a nice summer salad and you’re all set.
What’s The Best Cut Of Pork Chops For Stuffing?
You can really use any pork chop cut that happens to be your favorite. You just have to slice through thicker chops to make room for the stuffing. The thinner the pork chop, the more tender it will be when you cook it.
Can I Freeze Uncooked Stuffed Pork Chops?
This stuffed pork chop recipe is perfect for freezing and then cooking when you have more time. It only takes about 10 minutes to get them ready. Just leave the toothpicks in to hold them together and make sure that you seal them well when you put them in the freezer.
You can freeze uncooked pork chops for several months ahead of when you need them. This is a great freezer meal that will save you time.
Do I Need Special Kitchen Tools To Make Stuffed Pork Chops?
In a word, no – You don’t need anything special to make this stuffed pork chops recipe. Basically, you need:
- Pork Chops
- Stuffing Ingredients
- Toothpicks – To hold the chops together
- A Grill – For cooking
Can I Substitute Stuffing Ingredients?
Yes! If the tomatoes and olives aren’t really your thing, try:
- Traditional Stuffing
- Use Your Imagination!
Can I Make More Than 3 At A Time?
You can make as many pork chops as you need. Just remember to increase the stuffing ingredients by the number of pork chops that you are adding. If you are making 6 pork chops for instance, double the stuffing ingredients.
Printable Recipe Card
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 pork chops, thin pieces, bone removed
- ⅔ cup of mozzarella, shredded
- 10 olives, sliced
- 3 tbsps. of pesto
- 2 tbsps. of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a very sharp knife, carefully make a pocket inside each pork chops, making sure to not cut it though.
- Cover each pork chop with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then fill each pocket with some pesto sauce, sliced olive, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
- Secure the pocket with toothpicks.
- Grill each pork chop for about 3 minutes on each side or until it’s no longer pink (time depends on thickness of each slice). Serve right away.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 570Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 492mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 47g