My family loves Chinese food. In fact, we have it at least once a week. Of course, I am always on the lookout for new recipes and I recently ran across a great chicken broccoli recipe that really tastes as good as takeout from my favorite Chinese restaurant.
This one is super simple to make, and it takes less than half an hour to get it on the table. And, everyone at the dinner table absolutely loved it.
Chicken and broccoli are healthy, too and I love making healthy meals for my family. Plus, this one is so easy. It only takes about 10 minutes to get it ready and then another 10 minutes to cook.
If you love fast and easy meals that are also wholesome and delicious, then you definitely want to give this recipe a try. If you love Chinese food then this one is really a great one. Oh, and I followed it up with these homemade donuts for dessert. The entire meal was a hit!
Ginger, soy sauce and cloves give this chicken and broccoli dish such an amazing flavor and did I mention how fast and easy it is to make? I just can’t get over a meal this delicious being so simple.
If you want something that is perfect for those busy weeknights, this is it. And, check out this slow cooker baked potato recipe. It’s a great compliment to any chicken dish.
Start with fresh chicken and broccoli for a delicious dish
Soy sauce, ginger and cloves give it an authentic Chinese food flavor
Heat chicken in a wok until browned
Add sauce and cook to perfection
Serve with your favorite rice on the side
- 6 tbsps. of oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. of cornstarch
- 1 tsp. of hot sauce
- ½ cup of broth
- 2 tsps. of soy sauce
- 3-4 chicken thighs, sliced thinly
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp. of minced ginger
- Scallions and sesame seeds for serving
- Heat some vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Add chicken pieces and fry until completely cooked from the outside.
- Make sauce by whisking broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, hot sauce and cornstarch.
- Remove chicken to a plate and add broccoli. Pour in ¼ cup of water, cover with a lid and steam until cooked through.
- Remove broccoli to a plate, add some more oil and fry garlic and ginger together for 30 seconds. Add chicken and broccoli and pour the sauce over. Cook for 1-2 minutes and serve over cooked rice, garnishing with sesame and scallions.
Serving Size:7 oz (200 g)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 10.5gSaturated Fat: 2.8gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 1132mgCarbohydrates: 9.4gFiber: 2.4gSugar: 1.8gProtein: 42.7g