You know, everyone should have a really delicious homemade donut recipe, don’t you agree? I have to tell you, I’m so excited that I found this one! It’s one of the easiest ones that I have seen if you want a completely homemade donut.
And the great thing about this one is you can use the recipe to make regular old fashioned glazed donuts or you can change them up a bit by adding homemade cream filling, jelly or any number of other fillings. You can make this slow cooker Bolognese for dinner and prepare the donuts while it’s cooking!
Like I said, everyone needs a great homemade donut recipe and this is definitely one that you’re going to want to add to your recipe collection. It’s homemade and it’s donuts – what else could you possibly need?
I actually made a batch of these to serve to my friends at brunch that I recently hosted. I added these homemade donuts to the menu with my classic chicken salad and the entire meal was a huge hit! Grab those ingredients and let’s make up a batch of delicious homemade donuts!
Fresh ingredients make for the best tasting homemade donuts
Mix ingredients together and roll into a ball to knead
Cut donuts out using your favorite donut or cookie cutter
Drop into hot grease and deep fry to perfection
Mix a glaze and top or add your own favorite toppings
- 2 tsps. of dry yeast
- 1 cup of warm milk
- ¼ cup of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsps. of vegetable oil
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 3 tbsps. of milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Add a generous pinch of sugar into the warm milk and sprinkle dry yeast on top. Set aside until the surface is foamy.
- Beat eggs with leftover sugar until pale.
- Mix flour and salt together.
- Combine dry ingredients, egg mixture and milk with yeast together. Knead the dough for 7-10 minutes until smooth.
- Set the dough aside for 1 hour to rise.
- Roll out the dough until about 2 ½ cm (1 inch) thick. Cut into desired shapes.
- Preheat oil to 180C/350F. Fry donuts until golden and crispy on the outside and cooked through (for about 3 minutes).
- Meanwhile make glaze by whisking milk and powdered sugar together.
- Coat donuts in sugar glaze and serve or add sugar sprinkles, nuts etc. to decorate.
Serving Size:2 oz. (60 g)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190 Total Fat: 3.4g Saturated Fat: 0.6g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 27mg Carbohydrates: 35.5g Fiber: 0.8g Sugar: 15g Protein: 4.4g