Did you know that in about 20 minutes you can have a tasty dinner ready for the crock pot? What if I told you that the tasty dinner you’ll be preparing in those 20 minutes is jerk chicken? I love jerk chicken and love that I found a recipe that makes it super simple to make.
This homemade jerk chicken literally takes only 20 minutes to get ready to cook and the rest of the effort is done by your slow cooker!
Imagine jerk chicken with only 20 minutes of prep time! Once you get this one ready, you just put it in the crock pot and let it cook for about four hours. That’s plenty of time to do other things – like laundry or maybe preparing some tasty side dishes to go along with your chicken.
This roasted mushroom recipe will pair perfectly with your chicken dish, and it’s one that your entire family will love.
I love quick and easy meals that take me little prep time so this one was instantly a hit with me. The flavor makes it a hit with my family, as well. Jerk chicken is such a culinary treat and it honestly could not be simpler to make.
If you have 20 minutes, you can serve this to your family tonight, and it doesn’t take a lot of ingredients, either. You just need chicken, onion, jalapeno, soy sauce, vinegar, honey and a few spices to make it. And the slow cooker recipe gives you plenty of time to prepare this almond cheesecake for dessert.
Start with chicken drumsticks or any of your favorite chicken pieces
Prepare jerk sauce to pour over chicken
Add chicken covered in sauce to a crock pot
Cover and cook for four hours on low or until done
Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsps. of pickled jalapeno
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of rice vinegar
- 2 tbsps. of honey
- A pinch of each - nutmeg and ginger
- ¼ cup of pineapple chunks
- Place a pan over high heat and fry chicken drumsticks until golden and crispy on the outside but still raw on the inside.
- Blend other ingredients from the list until smooth. Taste and add more salt if needed (it should be slightly over salted).
- Place chicken in a slow cooker and cover with sauce. Cook on LOW for 4 hours or until chicken starts falling off the bone and the sauce is thick, brown and glazed.
Serving Size:12 oz (350 g)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 5.9gSaturated Fat: 1.5gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 1393mgCarbohydrates: 13.4gFiber: 0.7gSugar: 10.7gProtein: 26.9g