If you’re looking for a side dish that will perfectly complement any meal, these mushrooms in browned butter, garlic, and thyme sauce are perfect. Not only are they delicious, they are really easy and quick to make. In fact, you can have them on the table in about half an hour. If you love mushrooms, like I do, you are really going to love this dish!
This is such a simple yet elegant dish. I absolutely love mushrooms and I think they go with any main dish. Whether you’re serving pork chops, steak, or even these luscious cheese and bacon filled chicken rolls, this will be the perfect side dish to complement those meats. The browned butter and garlic sauce is delicious and the hint of thyme really gives the mushrooms a wonderful aroma and flavor.
I love that this recipe includes olive oil. I use olive oil so much simply because it gives everything a much better flavor than vegetable oil. Plus, it is much healthier. Although this is an American recipe, it definitely has a Mediterranean taste, which makes it great for pairing with any of your favorite Italian or Greek main dishes, as well. And speaking of side dishes, you have to make this amazing BLT pasta salad – you could even serve the two sides together with fish, chicken, or beef.
Prep time for this recipe is just five minutes and then you bake them for 25 minutes. That’s just half an hour to mushroom perfection! The recipe serves four, but you could easily adjust it to double or even triple the serving sizes. It’s a great light recipe for brunches or larger dinner parties, too. I promise you are going to love the flavor of these little mushrooms, and this dish is so much healthier than the normal mashed potatoes or mac and cheese recipes that you serve as side dishes.
Roasted Mushrooms in a Browned Butter, Garlic and Thyme Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 9 oz (250 g)
500 g (1 pound) mushrooms, cleaned
¼ cup butter
1 tsp garlic powder
3-4 thyme springs
1 tbsp. lemon juice
½ tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Drizzle olive oil over cleaned mushrooms, season with salt, pepper and thyme. Bake at 400 F (200 C) for 20 minutes.
2. To make brown butter, cook the butter over medium heat, shaking pan time after time, until butter gets darker with nutty aroma.
3. Mix butter with garlic, lemon juice and zest. Shake well and pour over the mushrooms.
4. Toss before serving.
Start with clean, dry mushrooms.
Cook butter and then combine with lemon zest and flavorings.
Toss mushrooms with the delectable butter sauce and seasonings.
A delicious buttery, lemony taste in every bite.
- Drizzle olive oil over cleaned mushrooms, season with salt, pepper and thyme. Bake at 200 C (400 F) for 20 minutes.
- To make brown butter, cook the butter over medium heat, shaking pan time after time, until butter gets darker with nutty aroma.
- Mix butter with garlic, lemon juice and zest. Shake well and pour over the mushrooms.
- Toss before serving.
Serving Size:9 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 15.4gSaturated Fat: 7.8gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 4.4gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 2.2gProtein: 3.8g