My family loves when we do Mexican food, and I am always on the lookout for a tasty, yet quick and easy Mexican recipe. I was so excited when I came across this chicken taquitos recipe.
These are so easy to make and they only take about half an hour from start to finish. They’re also really tasty and go perfectly with any other Mexican dish that you want to prepare. If you want an authentically Mexican tasting dish, this one is perfect.
It only takes about 15 minutes to get these ready to cook. I call that a really quick and easy recipe! I promise your family is going to love these. And, if you want a great guacamole recipe to go along with them, check out the best guacamole recipe ever.
It’s also super easy to make and really tasty. I served my homemade guacamole with these and my kids loved them. You can make these for dinner or just a tasty and quick snack.
These homemade chicken taquitos pair really well with my homemade black bean flautas. If you have regular taco night at your house, try these recipes instead of traditional tacos. Your family will love the change and honestly, these are just as easy to make as ground beef tacos.
Incidentally, if you prefer flour tortillas, you can substitute those for the corn tortillas in this recipe and they come out just as perfect. Either way, this is a dinner that your family is going to devour!
Cooked chicken, spinach and sharp cheddar cheese give these homemade taquitos a restaurant quality taste
Mix ingredients together to create the filling for the taquitos
Fill tortillas with about a tablespoon of chicken filling
Fry taquitos to a golden brown
Serve with your favorite guacamole or sour cream
- 2 cups of chicken, cooked and shredded
- 4 oz (120 g) of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. of jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of frozen spinach, thawed and dried
- Small corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cook spinach to remove any excess moisture.
- Mix first six listed ingredients together and season with salt to taste.
- Wrap a heaped tablespoon of chicken mixture in small corn tortillas (you will have about 10-12).
- Fry taquitos in vegetable oil until golden and crispy. Set aside on paper towels to remove excess grease and serve right away.
Serving Size:2.8 oz (80 g)
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 141 Total Fat: 9.8g Saturated Fat: 5.9g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 127mg Carbohydrates: 0.8g Fiber: 0.1g Sugar: 0.1g Protein: 12.1g