I have just recently discovered that I love avocados. I’ve also discovered a new love of guacamole and I’ve been searching frantically for a great recipe so that I can make it at home. I don’t mind buying it already made, but it’s just so much better when you make it yourself, right? Right!
This guacamole recipe is absolutely perfect. It’s packed with flavor and honestly, it’s the best I’ve ever tried and I’ve had guacamole from some of the best Mexican restaurants in town!
This is also a really easy recipe. It only takes 15 minutes to prepare and it’s delicious atop tacos or spread on these zucchini tortillas. My kids weren’t too excited to try it but once they did they loved it.
With avocado (you have to have avocado for guacamole) as well as onions, red peppers and so many wonderful flavorings, this is going to be your favorite Mexican night food topper. You don’t even need a lot of ingredients. You can make this from things that you probably have in your kitchen pantry right now.
I love guacamole with freshly made tortilla chips or you could add it to these vegan burritos to give them an extra kick of flavor. It’s delicious on a Mexican omelet, too.
Or, add it to your breakfast burritos. There are so many wonderful ways to enjoy this and since it’s so quick and easy to make, you’ll want it for a variety of different dishes. You can make it up ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week in a tightly covered container.
If you love guacamole as much as I do, you really need this recipe in your life. You can even double or even triple the recipe to make it the perfect party food or enjoy it as a late night snack. There is always room for guacamole!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Serving size: 150 g (5.2 oz)
1 tsp. of ground cumin
¼ tsp. of chili powder
¼ small white onion, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
4-6 cherry tomatoes
Fresh cilantro and tortilla chips for serving
1. Mash avocado pulp with lime juice using a potato masher or blend with immersion blender until reached desired consistency.
2. Add chili powder and cumin, a generous pinch of salt and chopped onions and peppers. Stir to combine.
3. Serve topped with cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro and more chili powder with tortilla chips.
Fresh ingredients make everything taste better
Mash avocado with a fork or potato masher for great consistency
Fresh cherry tomatoes, onions and red peppers give this guacamole a wonderful flavor
Mix ingredients well and serve topped with quartered cherry tomatoes
Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite Mexican dish
- Mash avocado pulp with lime juice using a potato masher or blend with immersion blender until reached desired consistency.
- Add chili powder and cumin, a generous pinch of salt and chopped onions and peppers. Stir to combine.
- Serve topped with cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro and more chili powder with tortilla chips.
Serving Size:5.2 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 482Total Fat: 40.1gSaturated Fat: 8.4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 34.1gFiber: 18.2gSugar: 10gProtein: 6.8g