I am forever looking for a great soup recipe that my family will love. I have tried various versions of cheeseburger soup in the past, but none of them have ever satisfied my picky eaters like this one.
The best thing about this cheeseburger soup recipe is that it is so easy to make. You cook the veggies in the slow cooker, which saves you so much time. And, this is a great soup for those cold winter nights!
This would be a great soup to serve in your homemade soup bowls or just serve it up how you normally serve soup. I promise that your family is going to love it. It is wholesome and so delicious.
You could even make this for lunch or serve the leftovers the next day with these tasty cauliflower grilled cheese. One note though, you may actually not have any leftovers, so you may need to make a new batch for lunch.
My family is pretty picky, and I often have to try a few different recipes to find one that they will love, especially when it comes to soup. They’re pretty set in their ways and don’t really like trying anything new.
They did love this one, though and have even asked me when I’m making it again. In just three hours, you can serve your family this delicious soup that they are sure to love. And, if you make these Oreo cheesecake bites for dessert, they will love it even more!
Ground beef, sharp cheddar cheese and potatoes are the main ingredients in this delicious soup
Put onions, potatoes and carrots in a slow cooker on high until cooked through
Cook ground beef when your vegetables are almost finished
The cheddar cheese gives this soup a rich and delicious base
Mix ingredients together when everything is finished cooking
Serve with your favorite warm bread or crackers
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ large carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. of Italian herb mix
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 14 oz (400 g) of ground beef
- ¼ cup of flour
- ¼ cup of butter
- 2 cups of milk
- 10 oz (300 g) of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Put vegetables into a slow cooker, sprinkle dried herbs on top and cover with chicken broth.
- Cook on HIGH until vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile, fry ground beef until cooked through. Drain excess liquid, remove onto a bowl or plate.
- Use the same pan (without washing it) to cook the sauce. For the sauce, melt butter and sprinkle flour on top. Cook for 30 seconds and pour the milk in while whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Cook the sauce for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and leave it to melt completely.
- Pour the sauce into the soup base, add beef and cook on LOW for 30 minutes more.
Serving Size:12 oz (350 g)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 536Total Fat: 29.9gSaturated Fat: 17.6gCholesterol: 136mgSodium: 759mgCarbohydrates: 27.2gFiber: 3.1gSugar: 6.1gProtein: 39.1g