I have to admit, I absolutely love grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup. It’s one of my favorite lunches and something that I’ve been hooked on since I was really young. The problem with that combination today is I just can’t allow myself that many carbs in one sitting. Bread is filled with carbohydrates, something that we ladies often try to avoid, right? Well then, it’s a good thing that I found this cauliflower grilled cheese then. I can’t tell you how excited I was to be able to enjoy my grilled cheese and tomato soup without the guilt.
I love trying new healthy recipes. I really love this one because it’s filled with delicious melty cheese and so easy to make. If you are looking for a healthy lunch or snack idea, here it is. Making the cauliflower bread is much easier than you may think, too. You just boil your cauliflower until it’s soft on the outside and then mix your other ingredients, which include parsley, garlic, and olive oil, all of which give it a wonderful flavor. And speaking of wonderful flavor, you should make these baked avocado fries with jalapeno sauce to go along with your grilled cheese. They’re healthy, too!
The cauliflower in this cooks up so crispy and delicious. I just know it’s going to become your favorite grilled cheese sandwich. It certainly has become mine and it really does go well with a steaming cup of tomato soup.
Cauliflower, eggs, parsley, and other ingredients make this the best grilled cheese ever.
Prepare cauliflower to make your bread by boiling and then add other ingredients
Flatten out cauliflower mixture into bread shaped pieces and bake
Add cheese and other ingredients if you want.
Bake until cheese is melted and cauliflower bread is golden brown
Enjoy with your favorite soup for a quick lunch or a yummy snack
Serves 7 oz (200 g)
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsps. of cornstarch
- 1 tsp. of dried parsley
- ½ tsp. of dried garlic
- 1 cup of sharp cheese blend
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 230 C (450 F).
- Cut cauliflower into florets, removing the hard stem. Cook in salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until the cauliflower pieces are soft on the outside but still a bit hard in the middle. Drain, blend and wring with a cloth to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Mix cauliflower “rice” with egg, cornstarch, garlic, parsley and a pinch of salt.
- Divide cauliflower mixture into 4 parts. Place each quarter onto a parchment lined baking sheet and shape into square or rectangle slices approximately 1.2 cm (1/2 inch) thick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Place two cauliflower bread slices in oil, top each one with shredded cheese and cover with remaining two slices to make a sandwich.
- Cover with a lid and leave for 1 minute, flip and continue cooking until cheese is fully melted.