Autumn is finally here – it’s been a really hot summer – and that means that it is time to think about some delicious autumn flavors. This autumn tart recipe is perfect if you want something light and flaky and absolutely delicious.
With about an hour to prep and less than an hour to bake, this is a relatively quick and super easy tart that your entire family is going to love. Mine did!
I wanted something new for fall, something delicious that’s a bit different than pumpkin pies and apple cakes. So, I started looking and found this autumn tart and it has so many wonderful flavors! Plus, this one is an appetizer. It’s got more than just pumpkin and a sweet taste.
There’s parmesan, Italian herbs and goat cheese in there! My family really loved this one. I made it as an appetizer before dinner one night but it could also double as a great quiche like dish for breakfast or brunch.
And, you could even pair it with a great soup, like this chicken gnocchi soup, to make a nice lunch.
If you love quiche, then you are going to really love this autumn tart recipe, and it’s a bit easier than quiche. Like I said, I made it as an appetizer but I plan to make another one as a nice fall brunch for a few of my friends and family.
You really don’t need to make anything else, although I do highly recommend giving these peanut butter oat bars as a nice follow up. The tart has pumpkin, eggs, goat cheese, parmesan, a delicious flaky crust and pear to give it just a bit of sweet. It’s definitely not like any fall dish you’ve ever had before!
Fresh ingredients – eggs, goat cheese, parmesan – make this tart even more delicious
Make the crust first
Poke holes in crust with fork and weight down to bake evenly
Add tart ingredients to baked tart crust
Bake until light, flaky, and delicious
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 oz (120 g) of butter, cold, cubed
- 1 egg
- A pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1.7 oz (50 g) of grated parmesan
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 tsp. of dry Italian herbs
- 3 oz (90 g) of goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ pear, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pumpkin, peeled, thinly sliced
- Mix flour with salt and butter until crumbly. Add one egg and mix to combine, making sure that crumbs are holding together. Form a ball of dough and wrap it in plastic. Chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough, put it in a tart pan and trim the excess. Poke the base of the crust with a fork, cover with parchment and pour uncooked rice/beans or baking stones on top (to serve as a weight).
- Blind bake the crust for 10 minutes at 200C/400F.
- Meanwhile make the tart filling by whisking milk, eggs, herbs and salt together.
- Pour milk and egg mixture into a half-cooked crust, add parmesan, crumbled goat cheese, sliced pumpkin and pear.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool down before slicing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 453Total Fat: 26.6gSaturated Fat: 15.8gCholesterol: 199mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 37.1gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 3.4gProtein: 16.9g