Olive Garden is one of my favorite restaurants. I would seriously eat there every day if it weren’t so expensive. So, to curb my Olive Garden craving and save money at the same time, I went looking for copycats of my favorite recipes. I can’t tell you how excited I was to stumble across this delicious gnocchi soup recipe.
Not only is this an easy soup to make, it takes even better than Olive Garden’s. I couldn’t believe that I could recreate my favorite menu items at only a fraction of the cost. Now, you know how much I love to try out new recipes and this one is by far one of my very favorites. I even got my picky eaters to try it – and it has spinach in it! Of course, I also got them to eat salmon with this delicious garlic parmesan salmon recipe – maybe they’re not so picky after all!
But seriously, this chicken gnocchi soup is amazing. You only need one chicken breast to make enough soup for four, so it’s also a great meal for your budget. With loads of herbs and flavorings and of course, the gnocchi pasta, this is sure to become your family’s favorite. And speaking of family favorites, have you had a chance to try out this adorable Easter Bunny cake? He’s whimsical, easy to make and really delicious.
Okay, so back to the soup. It’s such a simple recipe and one that is great to warm you up on cooler evenings. If you love the gnocchi soup from Olive Garden but you just can’t justify eating out more than one a week or so, this is the perfect recipe for you to try. It’s delicious and you’ll have an Olive Garden favorite in just about half an hour.
Gnocchi Soup Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 10 oz (300 g)
1 large chicken breast, sliced
2 tbsps. of olive oil
1 leek (white part only), sliced
1 medium carrot, chopped
2 cups of fresh spinach
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. of thyme
1 tsp. of parsley
1 tbsp. of salt
3 tbsps. of flour
½ cup of cream
1 cup of milk
5 cups of chicken broth
2 ½ cups of dried gnocchi pasta
1. Preheat an oiled pan over medium heat. Sautee sliced leek and chopped carrot for 3-4 minutes, add chicken breast, herbs, salt and garlic. Stir and cook for 3 minutes more.
2. Sprinkle flour over the top, stir and pour in liquids.
3. When liquid gets to a boiling point add gnocchi pasta or premade fresh potato gnocchi. When pasta is ready, remove from heat, add fresh spinach and mix until wilted. Adjust seasoning to taste before serving.
Chicken breast combined with fresh vegetables give this gnocchi soup a wonderful flavor
Sautee chicken breast with leeks, carrots, and herbs
Add fresh gnocchi pasta – store bought or homemade
Stir all ingredients together and add fresh spinach.
It tastes better than Olive Garden – and at less than half the cost!
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced
- 2 tbsps. of olive oil
- 1 leek (white part only), sliced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. of thyme
- 1 tsp. of parsley
- 1 tbsp. of salt
- 3 tbsps. of flour
- ½ cup of cream
- 1 cup of milk
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 2 ½ cups of dried dried gnocchi pasta
- Preheat an oiled pan over medium heat. Sautee sliced leek and chopped carrot for 3-4 minutes, add chicken breast, herbs, salt and garlic. Stir and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Sprinkle flour over the top, stir and pour in liquids.
- When liquid gets to a boiling point add gnocchi pasta or premade fresh potato gnocchi. When pasta is ready, remove from heat, add fresh spinach and mix until wilted. Adjust seasoning to taste before serving.
Serving Size:10 oz
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 674 Total Fat: 15.4g Saturated Fat: 11.6g Cholesterol: 100mg Sodium: 3771mg Carbohydrates: 39.1g Fiber: 2.2g Sugar: 6g Protein: 40g